Announcing the New Hammer HHT

View attachment 1356
This one is cool. mtmuley

I have only seen a handful of clear tips. They can look cool when molded to perfection but will show every little flaw in the molding process if not perfect. Bubbles etc. Also if they get a little milky, I’m not a fan. Teams have color schemes for a reason.

I think the difference between a high end looking plastic tip and a cheap looking plastic tip is very subtle. Some people don’t see it but others do. I think it falls under perceived value.

Kneedeep

Steve sent clear tips to Tasmania. There was a few flaws noticeable on a few and some of them had Flash sticking off of them. You could just break it off with your fingernail. Some had sinkholes. It didn't really matter because we had to partially grind the tips off on the concrete to get the bullets to fit into the magazine well.(not going to point fingers at the owner of the press )🤷 Accuracy was still spot on as it should have been.

The black tips that I just received are a lot better in quality and uniformity. I didn't notice any flaws or imperfections. They did required a little more Force to install. 🔨

Kneedeep

I thought ( probably wrong ) you could order your own special color. you should give Steve a call.

Joe

@Steve Davis

I’m a little disappointed these new pills don’t have a “hammer blue” tip instead of the black tip. I’m assuming you didn’t want them to look like a barnes but everything hammer is blue.

Kneedeep
Well, hopefully I can install these tips better than the blue tipped Barnes I bought...
IMG_7296.jpeg
IMG_7294.jpeg
Barnes reply: “Looks standard to us!”
IMG_9283.jpeg

Last edited:
If I've got enough of the 30 caliber 175 lrx and the whatever grain they are in 22 caliber lrx worth it, I will👍 ball bearing brother!!

Back