Announcing the New Hammer HHT

I got my bullets yesterday. I found the tips to be easy to put on. I've been having fun over the last few months just playing around. It is time to start getting serious about what I am going to be hunting with this fall. If I had to go hunting tomorrow, I'd have to grab the 45/90 with the 404 Shock Hammer. I'll probably hunt mule deer with the new 154 HHT in my 300 RUM. I'll put together some ladders for both of the new pills. If I draw an extra deer tag, I'm hoping to use the 404.

Hate to say it, but my ladder groups are much tighter with the HHT’s. Shot the .257-95 and the .284-132 (4 of 5 5/8” all touching) today. Groups and data to follow.
At least tell us what you shot them in. I got a use for both of those bullets.

Muddy re read your post. It's time for bed and don't forget to take your Geritol.

So I measured.308 154HHT CBTO and COAL in my 700SA 300WSM and it is bit on short side as expected.
CBTO - 2.259"
COAL - 2.853"
Loaded up ladder with Ramshot Big Game 0.010 jump. Hoping to get out shortly. I am betting this will be good load.

Edit: Yes George

Last edited:
So I measured.308 154HHT CBTO and COAL in my 700SA 300WSM and it is bit on short side as expected.
CBTO - 2.259"
COAL - 2.853"
Loaded up ladder with Ramshot Big Game 0.010 jump. Hoping to get out shortly. I am betting this will be good load.

Edit: Yes George
Forgive my ignorance, but what does CBTO stand for? I plan on getting some 154's for my Tikka 300WSM. I had good luck with Big Game with the 137 HH - anxious to hear your results!

Back