Tipping Video or pictures?

littlebighorn

Hammer Time Executive member
I just received my first tipped hammers but I'm a visual learner. Anyone want to share a video or pictures of the tipping process?
I'm old and really stupid. I don't want to mess it up.

Lol! Ed is going to make one. IMG_20230505_111235_01.jpgIMG_20230505_111236_01.jpg
The hole in the block exactly matches the point of the tip. Tip in the block, bullet nose onto the tip, tap it home with a non marring hammer. Make sure it is all the way home. You shouldn't be able to feel the tip/nose junction. Maybe ever so slightly but they fit very exactly.

I tipped my 50 last night.
I was glad he showed using a towel under it all to keep the tips and bullets from running off the table.
Once I saw how it was done it was easy.
Thanks hand skills!

You're welcome! Happy shooting!

(Note to the mods; yes I'm aware I broke the forum rules by posting a video link, but I have found success in life putting common sense ahead of the rules 😜)
Note to self read the rules LOL! I wouldn't have noticed had you not mentioned it.

I guess my rules have 3 questions is it offensive (overly), is it adversarial, does it promote good discussion.

Overall looking for comradery vs cliques.

Posted a couple of videos myself?

It can get a little bumpy as many of us have communicated a fair bit, and it can look a little odd to those coming in new.

Back