133 Shock Hammer in 270 Win

Gerald Dilgard

Hammer Time Executive member
Has anyone done any work ups with this combo? Not a heck of a lot of Data for this. With W760 I got just over 3000 fps and tight groups. H4350 got me another 150 fps and almost as tight groups. Any other ideas? I have most powders on hand.

Has anyone done any work ups with this combo? Not a heck of a lot of Data for this. With W760 I got just over 3000 fps and tight groups. H4350 got me another 150 fps and almost as tight groups. Any other ideas? I have most powders on hand.
What was your case fill with the 4350?

3150+ with a 133 SH (I like the looks of that one!) out of a 270 with good accuracy… personally, I’d take the temp stability of H4350 and call that load done! If you want a significant speed boost, I’d probably drop to the 116 AH and powders in the Varget class.

@Gerald Dilgard i just went through my logs and have some data for 133 Sledge Hammer. Not sure if they are the same bullet with different names now, but H4350 @ 54.5g, Win brass and CCI large rifle primer, I was at 3003 fps in 25” barrel. That said I do have data that took me up to 57g of H4350 and I did not note pressure, but this was early on in my reloading “career”(Read: I didn’t keep track of things as closely as I do now). The FPS was 3176 on a not so reliable Caldwell chronograph.

I was quite new to monos at that point, had ambitions to shoot 150-160’s out of my new fast twist 1:8. Which I was pumped about. Then Steve talked to me about the 117g HH. I found a great load at +3400 with H4350 and haven’t looked back.

Again not sure if the bullets are the same or not, but your numbers at that charge for a 133 is cookin. If it shoots tight groups and no pressure I’d start stacking critters.

Best of luck! Lots of really great and helpful folks here.

@Gerald Dilgard i just went through my logs and have some data for 133 Sledge Hammer. Not sure if they are the same bullet with different names now, but H4350 @ 54.5g, Win brass and CCI large rifle primer, I was at 3003 fps in 25” barrel. That said I do have data that took me up to 57g of H4350 and I did not note pressure, but this was early on in my reloading “career”(Read: I didn’t keep track of things as closely as I do now). The FPS was 3176 on a not so reliable Caldwell chronograph.

I was quite new to monos at that point, had ambitions to shoot 150-160’s out of my new fast twist 1:8. Which I was pumped about. Then Steve talked to me about the 117g HH. I found a great load at +3400 with H4350 and haven’t looked back.

Again not sure if the bullets are the same or not, but your numbers at that charge for a 133 is cookin. If it shoots tight groups and no pressure I’d start stacking critters.

Best of luck! Lots of really great and helpful folks here.
I think I have that same 117 load with H4350. Works great. I may just run with my load of W760 and the 133SH. 3000+ fps and I think that is plenty for my needs. I can get dime sized groups with it. I learned long ago, it's where you hit them more than what you hit them with.

Back