308 Win 154 gr HHT

01foreman400

We aren’t done thinning some does but so far I’ve been very impressed with the results of the 154 gr HHT in my .308 Win. I’ve killed 13 does and 3 coyotes so far and my son has killed 3 does. Out of the 16 deer only 5 have ran after the shot. All 5 ran less than 30 yards and the blood trail was really easy to follow. The longest shot was 263 yards. Most shots were around 125 yards. IMG_6922.jpegIMG_6792.jpegIMG_7201.jpeg

01 Foreman 400

Don't mind Igor and Dr Frankenstein, thank you for the photos!! Enjoy your Christmas afternoon with your family and if you get time, we would like to hear some of the pertinents of the hunts. And for Igor and Dr.Frankenstein, they want to hear all the blood and gory gut stuff, I'm just glad everybody had a great time.

Please don't mind them two.

💥🚀🔨☠️

I’ll get some pictures of inside the cavities on some of the next ones. I am for high shoulder because I don’t like dragging so all of them dropped. The 5 that ran were behind the shoulder shots. That’s where I aim when shooting past 200 yards and where I tell my kids to aim all the time. More room for error with that shot. I don’t remember muzzle velocity or recipe off the top of my head but will get that information. Here a picture of a 3 shot 100 yard group.

I did get a blood shot from one of the behind the should deer. IMG_7200.jpegIMG_4221.jpeg

I’ll get some pictures of inside the cavities on some of the next ones. I am for high shoulder because I don’t like dragging so all of them dropped. The 5 that ran were behind the shoulder shots. That’s where I aim when shooting past 200 yards and where I tell my kids to aim all the time. More room for error with that shot. I don’t remember muzzle velocity or recipe off the top of my head but will get that information. Here a picture of a 3 shot 100 yard group.

I did get a blood shot from one of the behind the should deer. View attachment 4803View attachment 4804
EXACTLY! Drop them on the trail and no fussin about getting the sled & 4 wheeler to load up and wham, bam! In and out of the woods!

My muzzleloader is as close as I feel comfortable with. View attachment 4819View attachment 4818
Just so long as there isn't scope flex. Which I doubt you have it with the forward ring placement you have right up the objective. You also have enough clearance it looks.
The guys that think they are good to go with only getting a piece of paper between the scope and barrel have set themselves up for failure. I've watched slow motion, high frame rate camera footage that shows scopes do have a degree of flex.

I like them low too, I always wanted a 1/8th inch clearance, much less and I would try a different height combination. Of late I’m more interested to try an ammo sleeve on the stock with a shim the right height for proper eye alignment, sort of adjustable but not instantly.

Back