338-378 weatherby

torotoro

Trying get a load worked up for dad's rifle.
338-378 weatherby
26" 10 twist I believe
New weatherby brass
Fed 215
Going to try H1000
267 grain hammers.
Looking for starting charge with that powder
I did some research through this page but I can't find much. Also new to this forum

Tagging in as this will be interesting! Max H1000 with 250 grain bullet in Hornady Manuel is 107.8 just for a reference starting point. Maybe start at 103 and go up?

Welcome from NE Alabama!
Not a lot of data for the "big boys"🤷. Referencing other load data is helpful (as posted above).
There's some data for the 338 RUM for comparison here in the spreadsheets.

Well that was easier than I expected. Found it in the first log book I tried. :) I recall now the fellow had about 500 of the 225 grain accubond bullets he wanted me to use. However, because I can't stand it I also tried a couple Hammer loads. Looks like the 213 Hammers liked 106 grains of N560. My notes indicate it shot 1/2" groups at 3270. I also show a load for the 260 Hammer Hunter with 100.5 grains of RL33. The notes on this one report 1/2" groups but no velocity. Both loads were using Fed 215 primers. I apologize for the rather incomplete data but I never got to finish load development with these bullets.

Please consider these as maximum loads in the rifle I was testing and load accordingly.

Regards.

Well that was easier than I expected. Found it in the first log book I tried. :) I recall now the fellow had about 500 of the 225 grain accubond bullets he wanted me to use. However, because I can't stand it I also tried a couple Hammer loads. Looks like the 213 Hammers liked 106 grains of N560. My notes indicate it shot 1/2" groups at 3270. I also show a load for the 260 Hammer Hunter with 100.5 grains of RL33. The notes on this one report 1/2" groups but no velocity. Both loads were using Fed 215 primers. I apologize for the rather incomplete data but I never got to finish load development with these bullets.

Please consider these as maximum loads in the rifle I was testing and load accordingly.

Regards.
Alright, well thanks for the input
Welcome from Idaho! It is nice to see someone else using a Boomer! One of my old hunting partners used a 338-378. It really dropped the critters.
It will do that!!

Back