7prc Magazine Box Issue

BryanF

I have a 7PRC built on a defiance anti action, carbon 6 barrel, Triggertech diamond skeletonized, ag composite Visigoth stock, Talley rings, swaro z5 3.5-18x44BT, graphite black Cerakote. I got it inletted for a Hawkins oberndorf and originally put a Wyatt rem LA standard box and follower in. It feeds somewhat ok. The action is cut for an extended Wyatt. I now ordered and mbe-2 Wyatt extended and a 300 prc follower to see if it improves. Any suggestions or experience with this? IMG_1722.jpegIMG_1727.jpegIMG_1726.jpeg

What's the OAL of your cartridge? It should feed fine with the standard length magazine. I have had very good luck with the Wyatt products and I would be willing to bet just replacing the follower alone with the 300 PRC model would have helped. Wont hurt at all to have a little longer magazine.

Beautiful rifle! (y)

Regards

What's the OAL of your cartridge? It should feed fine with the standard length magazine. I have had very good luck with the Wyatt products and I would be willing to bet just replacing the follower alone with the 300 PRC model would have helped. Wont hurt at all to have a little longer magazine.

Beautiful rifle! (y)

Regards
Thanks! We have been reloading the other 7prc to 3.340. The problem is the 300 prc follower only works in the extended length box. I couldn't get the 300 prc box because the cut out is wrong for the shoulder of the 7prc. Apparently the feed lips on the RLA box are different the mbe-2 also. They are bent narrower for smaller cases like a 30-06. I'm basically trying to piece together a 7prc kit before they offer a 7prc kit if you know what I'm saying.

Back