Best grain bullet for elk. 7mm PRC

Ndravetsky

Been reloading and shooting a 7mm RM for years. Recently moved into an area with great elk opportunity. My rem mag doesn’t have the twist for shooting heavier copper bullets. I recently purchased a Bergara b-14. It’s the HMR with 22 in carbon barrel 1:8 twist. I’ve been reading folks are having better accuracy with the 153 hht over the 170 hht. My first thought was the 170 but my try the 162 hht. Any opinions or experience? I have new ADG brass, h4831 n-560 and 7828. Any suggestions on neck tension? I was thinking 0.003.

See welcome post on .270 thread! The 7RM still great cartridge! I am not certain on 7RM ADG brass dimensions but if you see big headspace jump on first firing, Peterson has Long brass for the 7RM that minimizes that stretch to negligible thereby saving brass life.

I’m new. here. Not sure what you mean by spreadsheet. Are you referring to the load data on here? Thanks
Under this reloading tab where you started this conversation look towards the top and there is hammer hht load data. Click on that and then the top post has a pdf to download. It updates about every month. There are posts for the other types of bullets also.

Back