Blowing up jugs.

Gerald Dilgard

Hammer Time Executive member
To see how some of the Hammer bullet work I sometimes shoot a cat litter jug. Heavier plastic than a milk jug. Must hold 4-5 gallons of water. I draw a target on the side and shoot it at 100 yards. My latest was an 85 gr HH in a 6.5CM over 43.5 of Varget. Getting 3431 from my Savage and 3397 from a Tikka. Anyway the damage was amazing. Both the entrance and exit holes were going out like an exit hole due to the pressure. Blew all the seams out and the only thing keeping it together was the handle. I have shot several of these and have yet to find the lid, Should I glue or duct tape it on? That seems to be the weak spot. Anybody else try this? The last one I found 2 pedals about as wide as my wedding ring and about as thick, very sharp. Would have torn up the insides of a deer or pig.

If you want to catch some petals and a shank, I lined up 5 1 gallon milk jugs. Lay some sheet tin down both sides of the jugs like a tee pee. Put the jugs on a pallet on top of saw horses and put a tarp under it all.
The first 3-4 jugs will explode, but you'll probably find some petals either in the jugs or on the tarp. Should also find the shank .

First whitetail with the 137HH in my rum had blood spray all over the entrance side.

Back