DIY Loading Bocks Easy Button

Muddyboots

Staff member
So here is the easy button to make really nice loading blocks out of whatever you want. Lapua provides a cartridge holder in their brass boxes which is PERFECT pattern to use for drilling out your loading block material. I use 20 round blocks but this pattern lets you make up to 50. I use a Forstner drill bit that drills flat bottom to the hole. Easy peasy!
IMG_4150.jpeg

Too funny. I have about 50 of those Lapua "loading block cookie cutters" and I initially thought you were screwing that thing onto a piece of wood for the block! BALD MOMENT! :ROFLMAO: I was even scrolling down to see 4 screws in the small holes!

To my defense, I thought of that as I have so many and it would save a lot of drill time.

I purchase them from ebay, etsy, or other websites and they are awesome. They are case specific, so I color code them for similar case diameters.

6.5 Creedmoor Multi Caliber Reloading Tray CNC Made from Solid Billet Aluminum by JOFER USA

I purchase them from ebay, etsy, or other websites and they are awesome. They are case specific, so I color code them for similar case diameters.

6.5 Creedmoor Multi Caliber Reloading Tray CNC Made from Solid Billet Aluminum by JOFER USA
Do you charge the cases while in a block?
Asking because I tried the what I assume is the same block, and the hole spacing was too tight for me.
If they are not the same block, I need to look again.
For now I am using the billet block from Bell & Carlson for the powder putting in [sic] step.

Last edited:
Do you charge the cases while in a block?
Asking because I tried the what I assume is the same block, and the hole spacing was too tight for me.
If they are not the same block, I need to look again.
For now I am using the bullet block from Bell & Carlson for the powder putting in [sic] step.
Yes my funnels will allow me to charge while in this block. I originally bought this block to accommodate my 338 lapua as that round didn't fit in my regular blocks. I now use these blocks for my short mags as well and love them. I love the small footprint as opposed to my MTM blocks, which are almost twice as big. I have used MTM blocks since my reloading career started and they are also great....and cheap....which is a bonus.

110254.jpg

I use satern powder funnels, which are amazing too.
saturn powder funnel2.jpg

Back