First Muley Buck

Gday schmo
Congrats & love the way you’ve used the rifle as a headrest for him 😍
Top stuff
What chambering & pill did you use & any other details would be cool to know
Cheers

Thank you sir! I got him at 196 yards. It’s a 7 PRC I built. Bighorn TL3 action, Proof prefit carbon barrel, AG Composites Visigoth stock.

Don’t throw me out, but I didn’t get to use a Hammer bullet on him. I was late in the year getting my scope, and didn’t have the time and components to hand load for this season, so I used Hornady Outfitter with the 160 gr CX. Definitely planning on developing loads and using Hammers for next year though.

I shot two does on Tuesday, a whitetail at 370 yards and she dropped at the shot. The muley doe was 360 yards and she rolled over. This guy dropped at the shot as well. Wish I could have used Hammers this season, but I can’t complain.

Absolutely loving the PRC. My cousin shoots a Tikka in 6.5 PRC, and I’ll be working up hand loads for him as well, using the Hammers.

Gday schmo
Thanks for the update don’t know your specifics on that round but used enough cx to see the patterns associated with them on a few calibers for future reference look @ those velocity impacts & just remember them as you will find overtime that the mushroom monos are better suited when your keep your impacts above 2400 & impact a fair amount of resistance

Watch the hammers broaden those velocity windows out

Congrats once again
Cheers

Gday hemoglobin
Seeing your family to schmo it’s fitting to welcome you to our family

Welcome from down under
Nice muley in your avatar also must run in the family 😜😎
Cheers

Just wanted to say that I appreciate all who have chimed in with a like, congrats, or any message. All messages have been great and encouraging. I realize it’s not a huge muley, but everyone has been kind, and I really appreciate that. I appreciate the mods keeping this place sorta like a big family. I nice forum with awesome info and help without a bunch of drama. Thanks guys

Gday hemoglobin
Seeing your family to schmo it’s fitting to welcome you to our family

Welcome from down under
Nice muley in your avatar also must run in the family 😜😎
Cheers
Thanks man yep I’m the cousin with the 6.5 he mentioned earlier. He’s here hunting with me and we got both bucks this morning about an hour apart actually. I live in Montana. I’m stoked to run the hammer bullets as well next year.

Attachments

• IMG_2445.jpeg
    IMG_2445.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1264.jpeg
    IMG_1264.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
Congrats on your bucks! The 125 HHT bullet seems to be "the one" for a wide variety of impact velocities. That's what I currently shoot out of my 6.5 PRC, and it's worth a look. Welcome to the forum!

Back