Hammer HHT 75 grain .243 (6mm) for Texas Hill Country Whitetail

Hi, I'm new here and looking at getting into reloading so I hope this is OK to post this here. If not, please let me know where it should go and also some tips on searching as I couldn't find what I was looking for after trying a few different search terms.

I'm interested in the Hammer HHT 75 grain in .243 (6mm) for Whitetail in the 100-150 pound range. Distance is typically going to be 100 yards +/- 25 yards.

My rifle is a Tikka T3X so I have a 1:8" twist barrel.

My question is if that's a good bullet to start with or should I be looking at something else from Hammer?

I'm currently using the Nosler 90 grain Ballistic Tip and not having any problems getting it on target or with killing deer. I'm interested in going to an all copper bullet and I've heard a lot of great things about Hammer which is why I'm on here.

I also understand with an all copper bullet that weight retention is better than using something like the Nosler Ballistic Tip so 75 grains should be more than adequate.

That pill would work excellent on deer. I loaded it for a friend in her 243 at 3440 fps and it did a wonderful job on a whitetail doe at 170 yards. She dropped it Drt, I think you’ll be pleased with hammers on deer.
Powders in the 4064 to varget burn range worked well for me. Check out the hht data spreadsheet for a good starting point.
Oh and welcome aboard were glad you’re here!

Back