Min seating depth

The 156HH shot great at this COAL and associated CBTO so I just crimped there in groove. I also agree I feel more comfortable having at least 2 PDR's in case mouth. So far haven't had any reason to change that.
Are those a hunting round and have you had any issues with them becoming loose from handling or in the hunting field?

So would a rule of thumb for absolutes be:
if you don’t crimp, the more bands in the case the better?

But if you do crimp, it doesn’t really matter?

Or is there no rule of thumb here?

So would a rule of thumb for absolutes be:
if you don’t crimp, the more bands in the case the better?

But if you do crimp, it doesn’t really matter?

Or is there no rule of thumb here?
based on my limited experience...
with my 223 caliber this is true.

with larger big game calibers I have not crimped I have not had any issues but so far I have not seated less than 3 bands inside the neck.

I sounds like there are various ways everyone is using that all work, like any other bullet. Im new to reloading and hammers so Im just looking for my own foundation if it even just works for me.
I just got home from the range and did my first pressure ladder with new Peterson brass so I need to go over that data.

And Butterbean... what the heck is that overbore battleship cartridge? lol :p that looks like it should hit mach 3...
22-06AI

Just curious: i know what a "Howitzer" looks like. What shall we name your rocket ship, other than FAST????

Back