Moderation transparency, in a difficult medium.

HARPERC

Staff member
I called @Farleg last night to apologize for any misconceptions, or lack of proportion in response to the "Stooges" thread.
1) No rules were broken.
2) If I had been there I'd be in the middle of the antics.
3) I should have called him first not after. I'm blaming it on dental surgery and too many drugs.
4) Nobody here has done anything I haven't done.
5) There was no intent at flexing, just a conversation. No disciplinary threat intended. A calling on the better angels in all of us. Some personally very valued people involved.
6) I did not think about this coming on the heels of @Farleg being banned at LRH, and it could seem more weighted as a result.

Since inception of this page I've hoped it would not turn into LRH. Most of us are here from there, and have expressed the same sentiment. I've got 2 threads there on ignore as they turned into a mess.

I do believe issues there, and with who should stay there. Which I've said before. My personal assessment is there isn't mechanism for problem resolution, and as such minimize my time there.

I'm open to conversation/input either in the thread or PM on this or anything else.

Best Wishes
Carl

Carl, being on any forum is like being a parent. There is no playbook or manual and everyone can do it better. Sometimes we ALL need to step back. 🙋‍♂️ No need to apologize for having the best interest for everyone front and center. We all hope to be as honest, kind and respectful as you.

I just got off floor of a 16 1/2' boat wiring up a new graph under dashboard not designed to have a Sasquatch under it nor Sasquatch size hands and fingers in tiny spaces. My soon to be fused back screaming idiot to me.

Can I have some of your drugs?

Carl,

I for one appreciate all that the Moderator team does here. It is one of the friendliest and calmest sites I have visited. Some, I have been directed to and haven’t even bothered registering.

As to the other thread, it reminds me of listening to Da Yoopers talking about Deer Camp without the snow. (@Muddyboots will get it) We can’t be ALL serious ALL of the time.

I personally was thinking of Bob and Doug McKenzie…except we could call it the great brown south instead…

I second what @Modoc and @Muddyboots said. This is probably, the only forum I still frequent, other than the Highroad and I don’t go there much anymore.

All the others are a bunch of internet know it alls with axes to grind.

Gday
Had a great chat to Carl on the call he mentioned & we are all sweet

It tells you a lot about a man when you get a call like this 👍😎

No hassles on any front from me

One thing I think is important is the group that are members here is that we can air our differences & yet not hold grudges
& to me this is extremely important as if we don’t question & still remain civil how can we push forward

Carl your a true gentleman & one I’m proud to call a friend

Cheers

Carl, being on any forum is like being a parent. There is no playbook or manual and everyone can do it better. Sometimes we ALL need to step back. 🙋‍♂️ No need to apologize for having the best interest for everyone front and center. We all hope to be as honest, kind and respectful as you.

I just got off floor of a 16 1/2' boat wiring up a new graph under dashboard not designed to have a Sasquatch under it nor Sasquatch size hands and fingers in tiny spaces. My soon to be fused back screaming idiot to me.

Can I have some of your drugs?
Parenting is done a lot of ways. The first sentence I recall my daughter uttering; We were in the car and as a light changed and faster I thought it, a little voice says: OK a$$h&%$ only color green light you'll see today. Could blame the kid, could blame mom, could blame TV, but sometimes its me.

Sometimes its just a word that turns a conversation. Yesterday my grandson was angry about not being allowed more screen time. His dad had said you've already had 200 minutes "enough". Grandson told me that's not "true" implication being he was being lied to. I had him change the word to accurate, pressed him on how many minutes he thought. He came up with 120. Now we're only 80 apart. He went back and negotiated another 20 minutes.

Carl, I think maybe a public spanking is needed for you 🤔😳😳😳😉 just like when you were a little rascal! ………….. I couldn’t resist, we love ya! 🤔😂😂😂😂😉🤝👍🍺🇺🇸
Many times a day, didn't work.

Back