Mountain duck

Farleg

Hammer Time Executive member
Gday
bit of a story behind these
9344D6A7-175B-4EE4-940E-9274021401E3.jpeg

(2nd lot of 3 as 3 is plenty for a meal for us ) 68EEDB26-D022-4850-A4EA-66A821BA0B38.jpeg03B2B0CB-1083-4B88-A6D2-DC09C2DDB95A.jpeg

Here’s the story behind these coming about

I opened my mouth to a mate who now resides on king island ( a island just off tassies nw coast ) as he has a heap of turkeys over there & asked when I was bringing the shotgun over to get a feed or 2

Ha me being me 😎I replied with a shotgun !!! No way that’s 2 easy I’ll bring a rifle 🤔
Then reply of we want the meat ( he probably thought my 500 🤣 ) & I said no all headshots 😱

So agreed then reality hit 🤪
On king island the wind never stops blowing & turkeys I hadn’t shot for years & overall my headshot days are basically long gone ( it was a necessity on some of my culls or you didn’t get paid & prided myself on the % I obtained over many years yet a turkeys head man alive is a lot smaller than roo let alone deer or bigger critters )
So I’ve started practicing & what better way than on these flappers as I get to practice & they eat great

So from the first 3 I’ve improved as they took 7 shots
This group of 3 I took 5 shots & feeling more comfortable with opening my mouth now but I guarantee I’ll miss but looking forward to getting over to the island in the new year

Before I go I’ll sight it in properly as it’s a touch high & ever so slightly to the left from where it’s impacting but no excuse for the missed shots as I knew that before the first shot

Oh & here’s one for you accuracy guys

I still haven’t cleaned this rifle from the brand spanking new barrel & I won’t until I put the other brands I’m going to test through it 😱
I don’t think most would like to know the number count on this barrel so far but it’s pretty cool imo

I’m looking forward to turkey hunting again & report on how it pans out
Cheers

Back