New Life Shot Out Barrel

OutdoorEdventure

Staff member
Ron Spomer sent this to us from one of his listeners.

“I was listening to one of your podcasts this morning and heard you mention Hammer Bullets. Last year I did some testing with the Hammer bullets in a rifle of mine that I believed to be “shot out”. Using standard cup and core bullets I never could get it to shoot well enough to be satisfied and pretty much gave up on it. After checking the distance to lands I found that no matter what bullet I was loading it had to jump over .250” to get to the lands. After calling Hammer and talking with them, they claimed that their bullets are not jump sensitive. So I ordered in a box and loaded them up. I found that it did not matter what powder I used or what charge weight I used. They all shot under 1MOA. I’m very satisfied with their product and how it breathed new life into a rifle I figured I’d never be able to enjoy shooting again.”

Yep! My old Sendero 300WM with now over 1400 down it and lost its Mojo shoots 196HH 3/4 MOA. I was headed for rebarrel. Nope! Barrel money now Hammer money!

Have 154's ready to stretch out and bet they will be great as well.

Yep! My old Sendero 300WM with now over 1400 down it and lost its Mojo shoots 196HH 3/4 MOA. I was headed for rebarrel. Nope! Barrel money now Hammer money!

Have 154's ready to stretch out and bet they will be great as well.
The "Enigma Gun"
I'm willing to bet the jump on my bughole grouping 154HHTs is .100+ in my CIP length Savage. I can't recall the actual jump, just crimped in first valley and never looked back! :LOL:

Gday
I can’t emphasise how much difference hammers made to my rum
& I’m running this rum harder faster than I’d ever run it but then on reduced loads it still didn’t matter

But best of all I get to keep those memories coming & racking them up with that one rifle
& that’s pretty special for me

Very sentimental for me that rifle & something I’m so glad I can still use
Thankyou hammer bullets

Cheers

Back