New toy

Carsyn.22

Hammer Time Executive member
New to me that is. I’ve wanted one of these for about five years since I heard about them and about three years ago I contacted MacDonald to purchase one but he had stopped making them because his auto trickler sales were keeping him more busy than he wanted. I haven’t checked with him since but when I saw this come up on my lgs auction I knew I was bidding to buy!
Now I’m glad that I held off buying any other.
Looking forward to setting it up and testing it out!

Attachments

• IMG_2866.jpeg
    IMG_2866.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2867.jpeg
    IMG_2867.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
It’s a no frills kinda system, just like me. Similar concept to the magneto but instead of picking up the magnetic field this one picks up the sonic boom of the bullet (supersonic only obviously) and instead of about 10 inches between sensors it’s as long as the audio cable between the two, and I think it can be set up down to just a few feet apart. If I remember right it’s one shot at a time, up to you to write em down and average them and all that. On the plus side you can get speeds down range as long as you can send the shot through the air space a few feet above them, which could be fun measuring velocity loss. Another plus is that it’s claimed to be the most accurate chronograph so long as at least basic attention is given to making the boxes level with your line of sight but below line of sight. Also not affected by wind or sunlight, though heavy rain probably wouldn’t be the best for the mic’s.

This is all from memory, I will correct or update after I get a chance to try it out.

Back