Nigel’s 617 Yard Elk 6.8 Western

OutdoorEdventure

Staff member
Nigel contacted us in the Spring for a bullet suggestion for his 6.8 Western and an upcoming Elk Hunt. He tuned the 156 Hammer Hunter bullet to a .33” MOA using H1000 at 3100 FPS.
He shot this bull at 617 yards and here is his full report: “The elk didn't make a move. It was the quickest I’ve seen one die. The bullet entered the front shoulder and exited his neck breaking his neck.”
Congratulations Nigel! Thanks for sharing your hunt.
C74AE4D6-5090-477A-A20B-C3719FAFD831.png

Last edited:
Gday
Meatbuck you will most likely have to eat crow on that statement
Western meh, 156hh hell yes!

No doubt I’ll be using it whenever I hit the elk tag lottery in California. But I’ll probably be too old to fill the tag by the time I draw haha.
Not on age 😇
Just wait till muddy gets his pill
Hmm hint I’d say the 156will be to heavy 😜🤔just a grain or 2 🤣

Looking forward to muddys ugly skinny pill coming out

Cheers

Gday
Meatbuck you will most likely have to eat crow on that statement

Not on age 😇
Just wait till muddy gets his pill
Hmm hint I’d say the 156will be to heavy 😜🤔just a grain or 2 🤣

Looking forward to muddys ugly skinny pill coming out

Cheers
I’m in the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” club. Will be a lot of kills before i run out of 156hh and have to switch over.

I’m in the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” club. Will be a lot of kills before i run out of 156hh and have to switch over.
Gday meatbuck
Totally get that & look forward to those kills alongside your video’s 🤞as I enjoy them but I’m also in the club of wait & see what muddy is going to do
Yes that potential pill is one that I think will turn some heads & odd critter inside out lol

Cheers

Gday meatbuck
Totally get that & look forward to those kills alongside your video’s 🤞as I enjoy them but I’m also in the club of wait & see what muddy is going to do
Yes that potential pill is one that I think will turn some heads & odd critter inside out lol

Cheers
My deer season starts in august. We’ll see about that new suppository then.

Sorry @Muddyboots, when I hear “muddy pill” my mind goes “south”. 😆

Hey, maybe if I enter that hammer success story contest I can come away with a 50pk…🤷🏼‍♂️

Back