Poor Man’s Action Job

Handgun400

Hammer Time Executive member
My new Smith 629 came from the factory with a ridiculously heavy DA trigger and less than stellar SA trigger. Wasn’t crazy about the blocky front sight either.
I installed a Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight and Wilson Combat Custom Tune spring kit this week. And what an incredible difference they made! The DA could still be slicked up but I’m not shooting competition with it so it’ll be fine.
I loaded a box of 240 grain powder coated LSWCs over 20 grains of Enforcer this afternoon but our heat index was 106* at 7:00pm so they’ll have to wait. This one’s going to be a lot of fun!

Attachments

• IMG_3042.jpeg
    IMG_3042.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3043.jpeg
    IMG_3043.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3041.jpeg
    IMG_3041.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
The Enforcer saves my H110 for vroom-vroom loads. It’s about $10-12 cheaper per pound but doesn’t quite give the speed. Haven’t shot for groups and chrono’d enough of it yet to tell you much more.

The Dawson is a good sight. I chose a .230 (tad shorter) and a tad narrower for a better sight picture- for me, anyway. I have another Burris FF3 just in case my eyes won’t allow the irons.

I like Enforcer in .357 Mag with 158 stuff and .357 Max with the 140SH that is crazy fast. And yes, cheap is great! Always in stock at my LGS.

I like Enforcer in .357 Mag with 158 stuff and .357 Max with the 140SH that is crazy fast. And yes, cheap is great! Always in stock at my LGS.
The last shortage taught me there’s a lot of good powders that don’t start with H. The books say H110 is faster but that’s not the point for this shooter. Not yet, anyway.

Back