Powder Recommendation for 151 Shock + 7mm Rem Mag

IDHUNTER

I'm new to the forum but not necessarily new to reloading but I do have some questions as I'm trying to work up a new load for a new rifle.

From my understanding of reading the best practices when it comes to reloading hammers, they have a few tendencies that they like such as fast burning powder and 90%+ fill.

The powders I have on hand are H4350, H4831SC, Hybrid 100V, & H1000. Of these powders, which would give me the best combination of fast burning and near max fill %? I see that H4831 is listed on the published Hammer Load data but I'm open to trying others if there may be better options that haven't been published.

I've done quite a bit of searching and haven't been able to come up with much on this particular bullet/cartridge combo so if this has been covered elsewhere, I apologize.

I always use Nosler, Hodgdon, Berger, Sierra etc. to find a starting point. I think the faster powders are more for the AH’s. If I had those powders, I would go with 4831 and 1000. Here’s a sheet I picked up the other day that may help.

Attachments

• IMG_0223.png
    IMG_0223.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
For a 143 hammer hunter and H1000, max was around 66 grains. For H4831sc, max was around 68 grains.
H4831SC gave better velocity and case fill. H1000 was just a few hundred FPS slow, but accurate.
Will be different with 151 and your rifle, but that gets you in the ballpark.
I found Ramshot Magnum to be a great powder as well with good case fill.

Back