Proud dad

Farleg

Hammer Time Executive member
Gday people

My eldest turned 21 today & so proud to have watched him develop into the fine young man he is today

I saw this bottle & thought how fitting
21E82D6C-1E3F-492F-8D09-79359E682639.jpeg
For which we celebrated a couple of fingers
Over ice & he bought up it was a bit better than the last scotch we had together which was after this
1AD7C13A-C9BC-4C00-BD71-BA7317319E84.jpeg

So many memories & looking forward to many more although I may not keep up these days it’s also a little cool to sit back & listen to how this & that went while discussing the next adventure

I’ve Been extremely privileged to have shared so many firsts in his life from his first ever step too stepping up when it was needed

Yes I’ve watched this boy become a man & way ahead of his time

The last couple nights have been getting the fishing/camping gear ready for his next adventure with his mates on a tradition they started a few years ago & I so look forward to hearing how they pan out around the campfire that has given us so much pleasure & great times

So proud to call him my son & a great mate also that is branching out to discover the big wide world & one I look forward to the campfire discussions to come

D120F09D-5EBD-4895-9758-48F65FFAB97B.jpeg
Cheers 🍻

There is NOTHING like sharing your passion of whatever you do that brings smile with your family especially your children. I have a son that hunts, fishes and loves the outdoors. His two young daughters are brought up with same passion. They love fishing and bait own hooks with worms at 5&7 yrs old! Shoot their own compounds at 3D, eat wild game and actually help process it. Ha! The oldest is the "official" writer on vac packed game!

I know how you feel and there's nothing like sharing a hunt, a fishing expedition or just talking about everything outdoors. I bet this young man is well prepared for life from your guidance and damn proud of him!

Ted Nugent has stated many times: "Take your kid hunting and you will never have to "hunt" for them."

This was the second year that I was able to spend some time with Fred. I would venture to say it would be hard to find a young man with as much Focus on the future as Fred. All the while trying to entertain three of his father's friends, I was extremely impressed. Happy birthday mate and I'm very proud to call you a mate.

Nothing corny, not this time, other than he has far better taste in music than his father😱

🤣🤣

Congratulations Farleg! Alas, none of my children have done much with hunting. My oldest likes to fish. My disabled son loves to ride in the boat and go to the shooting range. My other son is directionality challenged and could get lost in the front yard. On our third hunt, I watched him from the side of the mountain wander around lost for about 2 hours. I worked my way around to him, but he wouldn't admit that he was lost! Both my of my girls enjoyed hunting before they began their careers. So consider your son enjoying your passion for hunting as a gift.

One of the ways I have kept young is all of my hunting partners are at least 10 years younger than myself, and the guy I hunt with the most is my eldest daughter's age.

Happy Birthday Fred!

Gday kneedeep
Oh yes he even commented he needed a new shirt after our window shopping for him 🤣
Looks like dad has to do a bit more homework on if that shop has the available merchandise 😜🤔🤣
Cheers

Brown Swiss? When I lived in Wisconsin, I used blue overalls and a plaid shirt for camo. I also hung my clothes in the barn. It was amazing how the deer didn't think much of me as they thought, "Oh the farmer has gotten lost again."

Back