Seekins Element or Cooper 92

Makaira

Looking at these two or any other suggestions to run Hammers-

For a all round rifle for antelope up to elk out to 600-700 yards but more realistic 400-500( longest kill was 650 with a 257 bee on a mule deer)

What cartridge and bulllet would yo go with ?Thinking something in the 7''s or a 300 mag
Fire away

I've spent most of my life as a 30 cal guy but there is little arguing with the ballistics of a fast 7mm bullet. The 7 PRC has shown to be an incredibly easy cartridge to load for with just a little edge on velocity over the 7 Rem mag. If you really want to step it out there the 28 Nosler gets my top vote. A 169 grain Hammer Hunter at, or at least very near to 3500 fps is a terminal wonder.

JM2C

Regards,

Fierce Rogue in 7 PRC 22" or 24" (I like the 24" unless you want to run suppressed) in a 1:8 twist for 2K. This may be my next rifle. I have never owned a fierce, but the price is right on this beast and it should be a shooter.

You also can't go wrong with a Savage Ultralite in 300 wsm. I have one and it shoots sub 1/2 MOA and is a killing machine.

300 Remington Ultra Mag all the way! My only mistake was selling my first one. The 124 at 4200 fps will handle antelope a long long way out there. 30 cal punches a bigger hole than a 7mm. You can go light or heavy with the elk load. Sounds like you want to go heavy for elk so how about the 182 grain HHT at 3500 plus. Personally I will hunt elk with the 137 HH at 3800 fps.

Looking at these two or any other suggestions to run Hammers-

For a all round rifle for antelope up to elk out to 600-700 yards but more realistic 400-500( longest kill was 650 with a 257 bee on a mule deer)

What cartridge and bulllet would yo go with ?Thinking something in the 7''s or a 300 mag
Fire away
Your question on Seekins or Cooper?
First I own neither..
Both fine looking tools!
Seekins has a satisfaction guarantee🤔
Cooper 1/2moa guarantee*.🤔
They both probably shoot better than I can!
If I was going to buy one, I'm heavy on 30cals so I'd go with the 7prc like @Mountainman said.
For me Cooper for the win.
But it's fun spending somebody else's money😂😂

I just looked at both of them. Cooper sure has many many more options. That said, I would say take a look at Weatherby too. They are loading factory Hammers. They are also off their duffs and doing some really good things. What I really like about Hammers is you can push them really fast! If I was seriously looking for a rifle for the perimeters you set, I would look hard and long at the 6.5 - 300 Weatherby Mag. You can get a factory loaded 129 grain Hammer bullet! Like Riceman said, it is fun to spend other peoples money.

I love my 2 Coopers a model 22 6.5-284 and the most accurate rifle I have ever owned a model 21 204 Ruger this gun has shot 1/8 in groups when I am having a good day. I would love to get another one but there is one problem Cooper is out of business and the new owners do not seem to want to restart making them. There are still a lot of new rifles out there but are sold without any type of warranty, not worth paying 3500.00 for a shot in the dark

Likely the Coopers will come out again from Nighthawk Custom, but it's going to be the same deal as Dakota Arms and Parkwest Arms. They'll be about $8K minimum.

I LOVE the Seekins Element, and the Fierce for close to 3k. Or I really like Savage Ultralight for under 2K. I want the lightest gun I can get that is still fun to shoot. I am going 6.5 PRC. I just can't decide but will pull the trigger in Jan.

cooper makes great guns only problem once you by one you cant stop i have 7 big bob at covecreek outfitters in pa sold them at a fair price dont know what new companys price will be my guns were between 2800 an 3500 in last 10 years

Fierce Rogue in 7 PRC 22" or 24" (I like the 24" unless you want to run suppressed) in a 1:8 twist for 2K. This may be my next rifle. I have never owned a fierce, but the price is right on this beast and it should be a shooter.

You also can't go wrong with a Savage Ultralite in 300 wsm. I have one and it shoots sub 1/2 MOA and is a killing machine.
Be weary of a Fierce! My Fierce Carbon Rogue 6.5PRC had a smooth bore and was not reamed correctly! It’s been back at Fierce for a little over 2 weeks!!

I've seen the bolt handle break off of a Fierce in Tasmania I wouldn't own one if you gave it to me.

Reactions: les
Ya I definitely regret the purchase! Especially for what they cost and the quality just isn’t there, if I could do it all over again I would buy a Seekins!

Back