Sneak Preview

Mountainman

Hammer Time Executive member
So my friend says; "build me something cool that will outshoot my 28 Nosler. I built him that 28 a few years ago and I've seen him make cold bore hits on a 12" plate at 1400 so my work was cut out for me. He's a great shot and he always makes my rifles look good. He also likes the military look so...........

30-338 Lapua, PTG single shot action, Trigger Tech 2 stage, Bartlein 30" heavy palma with 1:8 twist, heavily modified MDT chassis stock, fat bastard self timing brake, 50 cal style bipod and an Athlon Cronus scope. Desert tan cerakote on the stock and scope, burned bronze on the barreled action and rings. He hasn't even seen it yet but I'm not too worried he'll find it as he can barely turn a computer on.

Still doing load workup but it'll shoot 214 hammers at nearly 3400, 230 A-tips at 3220 and 225 eldm's at 3260. So far it's a half minute rifle with the eldm's and nearly that with the 214's. I was kinda hoping it would do well with the 250 A-tips with that .823 BC but so far not so great with them. Hoping to shrink the groups up as I get a few more rounds down range and get it dialed in. Not too many rounds I hope as it burns a LOT of N-570. It is a lot of fun to shoot though :)

big 30 2.jpg

Back