Stud, looking for a female GSP

joevh

Hammer Time Executive member
Hey All,
It just occurred to me to post this here, amongst my fellow Hammer supporters that I consider friends. I've tried the doggy dating websites without much luck...
My male GSP, Diesel (6 yrs old), is my fourth GSP in 29 years of owning them. He is by far the most devoted dog I've ever had, more character than I could imagine, a natural hunter that will back other dog's point's without even being taught, and absolutely loves the water. One of my sons has his littermate brother, who is the smartest dog I've ever seen, and my other son has his brother from a later litter. They are all wonderful family dogs. His brothers are mostly black, with white markings.

This bloodline is absolutely outstanding, and I very much want a pup out of it. If any of you have, or know of, a good female GSP in need of a stud, I would be very interested. I live in Spokane WA, but am willing to travel and make things happen. Of course, he's registered and all of that stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_8613.jpeg
    IMG_8613.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7462.jpeg
    IMG_7462.jpeg
    7.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4410.JPG
    IMG_4410.JPG
    7.3 MB · Views: 14
  • P1000816.JPG
    P1000816.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks guys. As much as I like his looks, I like his personality infinitely more. I had to put down my 15yr old GSP last June, so the mourning is over and it's time for a new pup and companion for Diesel.

That is one beautiful Short-Hair. One of my bird hunting partners is also the breeder of my two French Brittneys. He suggested that you contact a GSP breeder with a female that he would be willing to use your dog as a stud. To do it right you would have to look at pedigree compatibility. Your stud fee could be the pick of the litter. His suggestion is to do an internet search for GSP breeders in your area. I had a GSP in high school and college. I'm hooked on the French Brittney now. A great breed when you are a little older like me! You got to love the pointers! Now that we have had a good freeze to put the snakes in hibernation bird hunting will be in full swing.

Thanks, Les, I'll look into breeders. I guess I always assumed they wanted to own all of their own stock, but it's worth looking into.

Thanks, Les, I'll look into breeders. I guess I always assumed they wanted to own all of their own stock, but it's worth looking into.
A competent breeder is always looking to improve their lines. It looks (Diesel is handsome) and sounds like you have an exceptional dog. My hunting partner and breeder is actually looking in the Midwest to buy a female to breed my male Mocha to as he is related to all of his good dogs.

To get back on track, Diesel is great name for a hard working dog like a GSP. My neighbor long ago had GSP's and I shot over them many times. Unforgettable experiences watching them work the cover for "timberdoodles" and grouse in upstate NY. He looks in fantastic shape and I bet you are on top of nutrition. Great looking confirmation. His dogs were really good around his young kids and once you are in their "ring of honor", they accept you as well. Remember many ear scratching times sitting on logs with them. Just wonderful breed and hope you connect to keep his line going strong.

Update;
We found Diesel a mate from Petmeetly.com in December. Looks like's she's starting a heat cycle right now. Hopefully will have pup pictures to post here for the dog lovers in a couple months or so. Gotta love a good canine companion!

Joevh

My neighbor (his second home) just had a litter...he travels all over and his club has very strict rules about who can own the dogs. Very interesting...

I'm in Upstate NY and he lives in NJ. What general region are you in??

Good luck with the litter!!

Joevh

My neighbor (his second home) just had a litter...he travels all over and his club has very strict rules about who can own the dogs. Very interesting...

I'm in Upstate NY and he lives in NJ. What general region are you in??

Good luck with the litter!!
I'm in eastern Washington, soon to move back to my native Montana

Back