Twist, RPM, Velocity and Temperature

quaterisation but also the old smoking wallaby comes to my mind so the thoughts a keep a ticking on that one šŸ˜‡
Cauterization is the only thing that makes sense to me for your smoking wallaby. I used to think there was more bullet heat until now so it made more sense. There will obviously be increased heat of a bullet on impact, so the heat created at impact might be significant. I donā€™t know how you measure that one. Maybe get Joe to run up and start taking heat temps in around the wallaby bullet holes.

On second thought, Joe doesnā€™t run so well. Maybe have Joe hold the wallaby on his head while you shoot it. You know like the apple on the head trick. Then he could get a more accurate measurement.
Kneedeep

Cauterization is the only thing that makes sense to me for your smoking wallaby. I used to think there was more bullet heat until now so it made more sense. There will obviously be increased heat of a bullet on impact, so the heat created at impact might be significant. I donā€™t know how you measure that one. Maybe get Joe to run up and start taking heat temps in around the wallaby bullet holes.

On second thought, Joe doesnā€™t run so well. Maybe have Joe hold the wallaby on his head while you shoot it. You know like the apple on the head trick. Then he could get a more accurate measurement.
Kneedeep

šŸ‘šŸ¤£
Oh Joe we are good shots so donā€™t worry all will be ok as my rifles are always sighted in for Moa of wallaby šŸ¤Ŗ
Cheers

yeah I did after playing with the prototypes Upon returning from Tasmania. To Steve and Brian's credit they jumped on the possibility. They had farleg shooting every type of tip they could possibly have made to rule this possibility out, my hats off to those two gentlemen. was it warranted probably not.

What made me think about it was that my groups did not carry out through distance. What was going through my mind was the heat on the tips causing possible degradation of BC especially since the velocities that hammers Attain are far greater than the average cup and core Hornady.

Will revisit this, this year. I've got 20 of the 163s loaded up. we're going to see how they act at distance again.

šŸ’„šŸš€šŸ”Øā˜ ļø

Has anybody brought up Hornady's marketing hype of a few years ago about the "melting" tips? Where did that come from? They created a bit of a stir?
They updated the old video and said it ā€œcanā€ melt. But to distances out to 400 yards itā€™s a non-factor.

A.K.A. Fudge factor. Great advertising gimmick for ā€œHSTā€ (Heat Shield Technology).

We should just make a Wallaby Roaster Round! Cookem before they drop or pop! šŸ¤”šŸ¤¦šŸ¤£

@joe16, I only give grief to guys that Iā€™m comfortable doing so! I donā€™t really ā€œknowā€ anyone on here because Iā€™m new, but everyone has been helpful and kind, so it makes this place fun, informative, and awesome! Gotta give some of you guys grief just because šŸ˜‚

Pea ridge, Iā€™m in your neck of the woods today. Gonna eat supper at Hoots after while.
Small world.

Fellas

I don't really know what to believe, after finding that article I came across another one that shot into bone and they only come up with 53Ā° increase in bone temp, so I've got no clue.

šŸ¤·

Back