What a brute!

RichCoyle

Hammer Time Executive member
When I was twenty-two I lifted weights. That was fifty-six years ago. About four years ago Sue wanted to join the gym so she would look like she did when we were in our thirties. I thought I would impress the folks at the gym. I did, but not like I was expecting. I couldn't even bench-press the empty forty-five pound bar! It took a whole week of struggling before I finally lifted it. After a couple years our dumbbell governor shut down the gyms.

This year I was feeling like maybe a seventy-nine year old might not be able to lift the deer so I started the lifting again. A couple months ago I started curling thirty-five pounds three sets of eight with. I was certainly maxed out at that. Now I am up to three sets of ten with forty-five pounds. I think I will be able to put the deer into the back of the pickup. A huge buck here would dress out at 120 pounds. This is a big deal because several years ago I installed a 3,000 pound winch in the back of the pickup and a piece of plywood. I could drag out the plywood and with the winch drag the deer into the pickup without effort.

I'm feeling like a brute!

I think we are all in the same boat as I sit here online.
I never realised it's just ballast that I am carrying.
My work isn't very physically demanding and it's starting to show

Back