Why am I messing around?

Getting back to the main theme of the thread. I was at it again last week. I realized I have never had full on wildcat. I was drooling and dreaming, actually contemplating the new Sherman 375 Yukon.
I didn't shoot it, but I handled Rich's .375 Yukon. Wonderfully designed rifle, very lightweight powerhouse. Running 248 HH with success.h

Thanks for sharing your personal story Joe in slide #40. It got me thinking. I grew up hunting. I was in a duck blind before I was one year old. That said, my Grandpa and Dad were set in their ways. There were two rifles, the 22 long rifle and the 30/06. Fast forward to moving to Roseburg, Oregon in my early 30's and I becoming a close friend and hunting partner with a guy who owned a gun shop. I began exploring different calibers and different guns as that wasn't a part of my growing up. This lead to enjoying reloading. I had the opportunity to meet Fred Barnes before he began making copper bullets. I shot a lot of his bullets in my 45/70's. I understood the limitations of his copper bullets, and was so thrilled to discover Hammer Bullets that have overcome some of the limitations of Barnes. What I am learning is I don't have to own every gun! I can enjoy your experiences on this forum. I can learn from all of you!

This place is awesome!

Back