Will AI unveil your favorite public hunting location?

OutdoorEdventure

Staff member
If you haven’t been keeping up with AI technology development since the middle of March. Things are changing FAST. I ran the series of questions. They’ve developed some incredible tools that can be used for good like locating someone lost in the mountains or… finding those private hunting locations on public land. I’ve applied for full access but with over a billion people wanting access in less than 30 days. No telling how long before granted permission.

D555EBCC-A552-4C81-934C-89CED409CB3E.jpeg

In the past I have tracked my hunts on a garmin GPS and uploaded my tracks. I didn't share these tracks with anybody so those tracks should have been private, but within two years there were 4 or 5 groups hunting "my spots". It could have been coincidence, but the access to "my spots" was very specific and when I talked with the landowners of the private land that restricted access to the public land they said no one had approached them for permission to cross their fields. I almost lost my permission because one year two fences got cut and cattle were set loose. One of the landowners was hesitant but still granted me access thank goodness, but my honey hole is not so sweet anymore.

Reactions: les
Gentlemen,

I discovered a very steep place about forty miles from my house where I have been hunting since 2008. I saw one other hunter and evidence of another during the intervening fifteen years. One of the deer I killed rolled for at least thirty seconds and maybe a whole minute. I don't want to exaggerate, but it was a long time.

Another time, a deer trail collapsed under me. I "fell" by sliding for such a long time I threw my rifle away due to concern if I bounced just right, the barrel could impale me. Eventually I hit a level place. I realized I flinched. I realized that because I had to open my eyes to see where I was. The rifle was only a few feet away, but my electronic earmuffs were lagging behind. When they came rolling by I grabbed them. Of course, they were broken, but I was okay.

Want to see a photo of the area?

Gentlemen,

I discovered a very steep place about forty miles from my house where I have been hunting since 2008. I saw one other hunter and evidence of another during the intervening fifteen years. One of the deer I killed rolled for at least thirty seconds and maybe a whole minute. I don't want to exaggerate, but it was a long time.

Another time, a deer trail collapsed under me. I "fell" by sliding for such a long time I threw my rifle away due to concern if I bounced just right, the barrel could impale me. Eventually I hit a level place. I realized I flinched. I realized that because I had to open my eyes to see where I was. The rifle was only a few feet away, but my electronic earmuffs were lagging behind. When they came rolling by I grabbed them. Of course, they were broken, but I was okay.

Want to see a photo of the area?
In the words of 15 year old me… DUH!

It is amazing how quickly the cat can get out of the bag. I have a good group of guys I hunt with. However, Josh made the mistake of telling one guy at work where we got elk. The next year there were 20 guys working that ridge with a hidden spring. We traced the info back to this guy. I've noticed a real increase in hunters here in Idaho. Not only is AI a problem, so are ATV's, and all the other bells and whistles out there. The one that really makes me made is I have put the sneak on a herd of elk several times to get under 400 yards and I see and hear some jerk who thinks his super scope and big boomer that he has shot maybe 5-10 times take an over 1,000 yard shot only to scare the whole herd over the next ridge. I guess from now on all game pictures will be a head profile only.

I still have an old point and shoot canon camera. there is no gps, no Bluetooth, no wifi, it is just a camera. I think it is only 2MP but that is the only thing that takes pictures when I'm hunting. If I knew I could find a photo finishing place, I would go back to my ancient Canon AE1

Back