X-Bolt + Meopta Optika6 PSA

choprzrul

Hammer Time Executive member
Public Service Announcement.

Tried the DNZ Game Reaper 'low' mount on my X-Bolt with a Meopta Optika6 and the bolt would not slide by the power adjustment ring.

I just got a 'medium' height Game Reaper and it just barely clears....I think it kisses the ring when I lift up on the bolt, but I can't feel any resistance when sliding the bolt back and forth.

Just figured I'd share in hopes it might save someone else buying the wrong mount

1695771964451.png

I have 2 earlier Meopta models and have only looked at the Optika line in store. They appear to have a chunky adjustment ring and a little more bulk in the body.
Is this correct and is it the reason you need more clearance?

Fwiw, since we’re doing PSA’s (I like the idea!), there were clearance issues with the bolt when I tried to marry a Trijicon Credo with a Kimber 84. The throw lever on the optic is not adjustable, so it interfered with the 90 degree bolt. So a lesser rifle got upgraded to the Trijicon, and the Kimber got even nicer glass!

I had a similar issue with a Optika6 as well. Mine was Bergara Ridge. I ended having to use high rings, to get clearance. Love the Meoptas. I have 8. Two Optika6, one Optika5, and five Meosport 3-15. Best glass ever.

They are chunky. I tried an Optica6 a few years ago and liked the glass. Problem was the one I had wouldn’t track and I sent it back. I would try another one if they could slim them down a little. It was a lot of scope for the money, but I just didn’t trust it after the tracking issue.

That isn’t much clearance, but if it clears it should be good.

Sorry to hear that
Of all of mine. I've had zero issues. The power ring was so large on my first Optika6, along with the oversize bolt handle, that I had to go up to high, versus medium rings. I really use my elevation on one in particular, on my 6.5-284. It always returns to last setting, precisely. The glass can't be equaled. It's Zeiss. Even the "lower" end meosport scopes outdo any of our domestic stuff. I used to be a Leupold man. They went crazy with prices, so I looked elsewhere. No regrets.

Outside of luck, I dont know of any way to get the exact ring height the first time?

Fellas

I came to camp this past week with all intentions of leaving with an optica5 for my lightweight 35 Whelen build. Size and weight led me to choose a Swaro Z3 4-12x50.

Joe

I know what you're saying, I love them low and tight
Same, low to bore, good cheekweld, eye relief, clears lens covers and zoom rings and bolt handles all from a variety of high end ring companies that cant seem to put clear dimensions on their stuff.... lol.

Now try to do all that on one of the 900 million styles of Mauser actions out there.
Now we're really talking about snatching ourselves bald.

Does anyone know if a Trijicon Credo HX has a smaller ocular bell?
A visual anyway. Put calipers on your ring and we'll to compare. (ETA: My god, those X-Bolts have a 60 degree throw and still hitting?! Tight like Tiger, Bro! :LOL: )
IMG_1939.jpeg

Last edited:
Back