138 gr. 30 Cal. HHT

The 3.5mm in the HHT is where I think some of the magic happens. In the scheme of things, that tip provides some good aerodynamics, but once it hits the critter, I would speculate that it provides a wedge that gets the pedals forming even quicker.

The 3.5mm in the HHT is where I think some of the magic happens. In the scheme of things, that tip provides some good aerodynamics, but once it hits the critter, I would speculate that it provides a wedge that gets the pedals forming even quicker.

Gday Les
Yes those meplat hp champers sizes of hp ( depth /width) also matter along the tip is a extremely interesting one

Delving a little deeper
this tip material kinda doesn’t act like a wedge where some of the other tip materials I tested did act as a wedge ( all in hammer bullets for prototypes )

Wedge tips are predominantly easy to fail especially in polymer as they will snap the stem which plugs the hollow point & you get poor results
Ball bearings as tips are better @ giving a better wedge expansion but kick/break out the side
Aluminium is very good for wedge expansion but break out the side more often with the exception of the apex as that tip design is very good but breakout the side on 2 resistances is still one to watch but most won’t see these like the others above till it goes bad then you here the oh bad things happen every now & then
Not on tips very often as once you replicate it enough the pattern starts to emerge

So on tips I still think some improvement can be made on them just don’t know how but I’ve had my feelers out & some information has been relayed to the hammer boys so who knows it may give us a even better tip 🤷‍♂️but for now I’m happy with knowing the hammer tip is very very good

Cheers

Back