18 years old?

As I sit here cruising through sites I can't find one that is making me verify age. Even when I get to the point of entering the credit card number to purchase ammo. Seemed like everything I looked at the last few days made me do something. I don't get it.

Here are our options for our website.

There are several ways to approach the age verification. 1. A splash page with two button options, "under 18" and 18 and over". the "under 18" button will redirect them to an internal page with no site links that has gun law information siting age restrictions. 2. restrict all sales for members only. To become a member, a customer has to fill out an online age verification form. These are fairly simple, tobacco sites use this technique. 3. Allow all users to shop without becoming a member, but the checkout process starts with an age verification form. These age verification forms are quick and usually takes seconds.

All three steps work, however, the age verification form shows the extra step by your company to abide by the standards of the law. A splash page that has the option of choosing the under or over 18 buttons, uses the honor system. Unfortunately, this method allows anyone to lie about their age. But it's the fasted way to get a customer to shop.

Part of me very much wants to stick it to the man.
Another part realizes that can create major headaches. This is not a hill upon which I am willing to die. Rest assured, there are many others; this just isn’t one of them.
I am of age and have nothing to hide. While I laugh at and occasionally even ridicule such age verification pop ups, zealous, well-funded attorneys with an agenda do not.
So I will gladly comply with whichever method your attorney recommends, @Steve Davis.

Back