22-06 AI, It has begun

ButterBean

Hammer Time Executive member
Alright Folks after a few set backs and some head scratching cyphering I have started working on the boom stick, fire forming brass with the 36g HH and a very mild load of RL15 produced 4460fps and they grouped really well even though I wasn’t really trying that hard, I’m pretty sure I have the brass work up streamlined so that’s should be out of the way. I have a busy week ahead but hope to getting some data with yhe 52gHH this weekend, I apologize for the long delay

George Jones is real country music as far as I'm concerned. I had to look up the Sawyer Brown version! Even though I came from the 80's, I never got into popular music from that period 🤣

I'm following with interest, @ButterBean but if we are still waiting for results by Labour Day I might have to post the Grateful Dead version!

Last edited:
George Jones is real country music as far as I'm concerned. I had to look up the Sawyer Brown version! Even though I came from the 80's, I never got into popular music from that period 🤣

I'm following with interest, @ButterBean but if we are still waiting for results by Labour Day I might have to post the Grateful Dead version!
😂😂😂

I was ten when I first heard-I only say that, to point out @hand skills probably danced the Sawyer Brown remake, and in his usual research process was surprised to discover one too old for the oldies channel.
My dad had GJ on an 8 track tape. It was magic because you could listen to "Race is On" and right at the end you could hit the track skip button twice and hear "The one I loved back then". The you hit the track skip button twice and it was "Race is On" again. After two rounds of that my dad would be shouting to "let the damn thing play"

Bean, one time I was gonna buy a .264 win, so I bought 300 brass. Then I changed my mind to a 7STW.

So, necked down the .264 to .224 caliber and pushed the shoulder back to match the capacity of .30-06. I called it my .224 MBOC. That stands for .224 magnum, belt it of course.

It's been so many years, my old man brain doesn't recall the information. I still have the reamer and dies, so maybe I should resurrect it when Uncle Donald comes through.

Back