.22lr pistols

aratliff

Hammer Time Executive member
Because they’re just too much fun—and inexpensive—to shoot, I can’t get enough of them.
My 10-year old likes to shoot .22 pistols more than rifles, too (boss lady swears he’s my kid, but sometimes I wonder why he doesn’t like rifles as much! 😂), so we pulled a few out of the safe tonight for fun.

I know this subforum does not garner as much attention as others, but this is the only forum on which I actively participate. So here are a few pithy critiques that might be of interest to anyone in the market:

The Umarex made Beretta 92FS is a novelty, especially if you like Berettas. But one cannot convert it to a G model (at least as far as I know), and it isn’t fun to shoot suppressed. Way too much blowback.

Same with the KelTec P17. Functions well for an inexpensive plinker, but it has an open slide that also flings all the rimfire nastiness back in your face with a can on the end. The threaded adapter has already been removed, and this one will probably get relegated to the tractor’s tool box.

The Ruger Mark IV 22/45, on the other hand, is a different story. Handles a suppressor well, and with a TK trigger upgrade, it is a dream. By far my favorite rimfire pistol to shoot. A diligent cleaning routine, especially around the highly tunable trigger, is critical to ensure proper functioning.

I would love a 1911 in a 22 to go with the Buck Mark, but pricey for 22's, can someone explain why I can't buy a 1911 made by Browning in a darn 45 auto, i don't want a 380 or a 9mm, any thoughts?

@Rosebud Thanks for that feedback. Given their price, it's at the top of my list.
Don't think you will regret your purchase. Mine goes with me every time I head for the woods checking cameras and feeders. Wear it fishing. Its so light you'll never notice it. I use it to teach youngsters to shoot a semi auto.When I got mine they were $279.00. Over $300.00 now, but worth it.

We have a few 22 handguns around the house…..all enjoyable to shoot!

However, perhaps the most practical is my wife’s CC handgun…..a Sig 938. Yep, Sig’s semi-auto 9 mm! However, we have the slide conversion kit making it a 22 RF.

She can do a lot of shooting very inexpensively with her CC gun…..nothing like having great muscle memory when things start happening fast and furious! memtb

Most dangerous creature on the planet is a scared woman with a hand gun. They will shoot you. Men might yell for the perp to stop/get on the floor, women, its bang,bang,bang. Until the gun clicks.

I have been drooling over the new Colt King Cobra 22. I went through a long phase with the Rugers. At this time I only have an older Browning Buckmark in my stable. I am still kicking myself for selling my S&W model 41.
Those s&w 41's are sweet.. I gave mine to my son, he plays with it occasionally. I kept my high standard citation, in the box.
My Browning Buckmark I shoot the best, though.

Most dangerous creature on the planet is a scared woman with a hand gun. They will shoot you. Men might yell for the perp to stop/get on the floor, women, its bang,bang,bang. Until the gun clicks.
And that’s one of many great reasons to have cc, it makes a good equalizer… just wish it could be done everywhere.

Back