25-06 and the 95gr HHT???

HNDLDR

So somebody, with time and money and stuff, needs to try the 95gr HHT out in their 25-06 so I can get an idea of whether I need to switch from the 90gr absolute to the 95gr HHT. I thought for sure somebody would have tried this already.

Has anyone put the 95gr HHT through their 25-06 yet? I just need a ball park idea where the velocity is going to land. I get the feeling at the ranges I shoot I’m probably splitting hairs but I freely admit I can’t leave well enough alone when something is already working for me.

I'm in the process right now, I couldn't leave well enough alone either and I have a great load with 90g AHs over RL26. With the 95g HHT's I ran low on brass, so I bought some Lapua 30.06 brass and neck them down in steps as I've done this with R-P brass with excellent results. But the Lapua brass is thicker and I got donuts and don't own a neck turner, so I'm using some many times fired Nosler brass. Will let you know how it goes.

Has anyone put the 95gr HHT through their 25-06 yet? I just need a ball park idea where the velocity is going to land.
I have the same question for the 127HHT.

Warning "im a nerd alert": but I estimated several muzzle velocities in a ballistic calculator to see what downrange ballistics I would get and it really helps me narrow down selecting a new bullet.
For your 95gnHHT I would estimate youd land between 3100 to 3500fps leaving the 1800fps terminal velocity maybe a good 500yds out.

I would say just go for it, get a sample pack and run a pressure ladder. We need more 25-06 love in Hammertime....

I'm in the process right now, I couldn't leave well enough alone either and I have a great load with 90g AHs over RL26. With the 95g HHT's I ran low on brass, so I bought some Lapua 30.06 brass and neck them down in steps as I've done this with R-P brass with excellent results. But the Lapua brass is thicker and I got donuts and don't own a neck turner, so I'm using some many times fired Nosler brass. Will let you know how it goes.

I was wondering what happened. I remember you said you were getting some in another post.

I have the same question for the 127HHT.

Warning "im a nerd alert": but I estimated several muzzle velocities in a ballistic calculator to see what downrange ballistics I would get and it really helps me narrow down selecting a new bullet.
For your 95gnHHT I would estimate youd land between 3100 to 3500fps leaving the 1800fps terminal velocity maybe a good 500yds out.

I would say just go for it, get a sample pack and run a pressure ladder. We need more 25-06 love in Hammertime....

The 90gr Absolutes at 3650fps definitely set the bar high. If I could see 3500fps I would be tempted to switch.

The 90gr Absolutes at 3650fps definitely set the bar high. If I could see 3500fps I would be tempted to switch.
Its difficult to estimate. The Absolute is slightly lighter and less friction, Im guessing they get around 150fps gain by their design, give or take...
Id just get a sample pack of the 95s and run a pressure ladder, its the only way to find out.

95HHT in a ballistic calculator at 3400fps yields 1933fps at 700yds... (2000' elev)
95HHT in a ballistic calculator at 3300fps yields 1857fps at 700yds... (2000' elev)

I wouldn't reject either of those moderately achievable velocities but alg25's comment above confirms my rough estimate that 2500fps is at least achievable with his components....

3683!!! That’s impressive! I’m almost certain my set up won’t achieve those numbers with my components but if I got within 100fps I’d be very happy.

Back