25-06 Throat length and Hammer selection

Now if you shoot that 25 -06 at 2650 fps, I'm going to hunt you down and give you a 308 t-shirt🤣
I have no idea what velocities I can get yet but hey Im all about free tee shirts even if it has a 308 on it.... :p

Koda,
don't be too worried as everyone has mentioned already.
But just wanted to mention a flaw in your measurements (Surprised that nobody had said anything yet).
Your ah bullet, they don't have a shoulder thats going to touch the lands anyway.
They are not going to touch till the first pdr band. So you see everyone shooting ah bullet are jumping ALOT!
Go with a little jump w/127hht and your all good.
oh yes, Im well aware of the Absolutes ogive not touching the lands. Im shooting an AH in my 280AI...
FWIW you can measure the jump to the drive band with a Hornady gauge but your right just going by bullet lenght isnt really a good metric, Im not even certain its a metric for the Hammer Hunters might have different ogive profiles... I dunno.
It was just a wild guess. I always overthink things and come up with weird questions to ask... :p

I have no idea what velocities I can get yet but hey Im all about free tee shirts even if it has a 308 on it.... :p
I run the 131 BJ at 3160 out of my 25-284. 25-06 AI will run a bit faster than that, especially with a hammer. I’m not an expert or a gunsmith, but maybe look into the BJ reamer or a reamer for the 133-135 Berger’s. They may have the throat you are looking for.

Back