.264 WM 118 HHT Ramshot Magnum loads?

RevJim

Hammer Time Executive member
I did not see the 264 WM in the PDF File. I have a Remington 700 BDL SS 26" I just bought off a local guy. Right now, I'm assuming it has the 9" twist of old. I don't care as I want to shoot the 118 HHT out of it. I have a good supply of Ramshot Magnum that worked wonderful in my last 300WM/175 LRX. Just not sure if I can get any real speed choking it down to 6.5 caliber/almost same capacity. Does anyone know if its a good choice or what kind of speeds i can get from Magnum? If not, is there another powder i.e Big Game, Hunter, R17, H4350, N560, even 4064? My dies are on the way, but it needs a touch-up at the Smith's first. Have to have that goody J-Lock assembly replaced, maybe a TT put in. For sure, the Scope Base screw that was twisted off. Any help appreciated!! I still haven't got my 338/06 AI and the 300 WSM back, but will be soon. I'm getting jazzed about them too.

@RevJim ,
For a start, look at the 121Heavy Hammer loads. Your loads should be similar for starters, but should be a little different on top end. Please post your final data when done. We still need more HHT data.

I did not see the 264 WM in the PDF File. I have a Remington 700 BDL SS 26" I just bought off a local guy. Right now, I'm assuming it has the 9" twist of old. I don't care as I want to shoot the 118 HHT out of it. I have a good supply of Ramshot Magnum that worked wonderful in my last 300WM/175 LRX. Just not sure if I can get any real speed choking it down to 6.5 caliber/almost same capacity. Does anyone know if its a good choice or what kind of speeds i can get from Magnum? If not, is there another powder i.e Big Game, Hunter, R17, H4350, N560, even 4064? My dies are on the way, but it needs a touch-up at the Smith's first. Have to have that goody J-Lock assembly replaced, maybe a TT put in. For sure, the Scope Base screw that was twisted off. Any help appreciated!! I still haven't got my 338/06 AI and the 300 WSM back, but will be soon. I'm getting jazzed about them too.
I like N-560 myself.

I had someone else awhile back tell me that RS Magnum was almost like H1000, back when I was trying get to +3100 ( I got 3180!) with a 175-180 in that 300WM. I'm sure it will work better with the CnC 140s out of this 264. I'm also going to try the Scenar 120 for a practice/coyote bullet. I would think that the 118 HHT would be about perfect for antelope, deer and the occasional cow elk ( I don't hunt Bulls anymore) I would use the Nosler 120 BT IF you could find them!!! I used it in a 6.5/284 (Win brass) and it was like using a Lightning Bolt on antelope/Exotics. It was on a short action though with the shorter throat.

Back