27PRC? Why Not?

Muddyboots

Staff member
Ok, this skinny ugly request is especially for @joe16! I think it would be "just right"! Not too hot and not too cold!

Yes, can neck down 7PRC since ONLY 0.007 diameter difference but just want it legitimatized for @joe16 so he can carry another option down under.....

Thoughts? Comments?

Or, just call it "270 WSM"? Oh....wait....

What's the fun in that? I was quite serious about a 270 WSM at one time till I started trying to find brass. Haven't looked in a while, might have changed. I think the 270 PRC would be interesting. Also seems like the 7 PRC is getting easier and easier to find components for. Would have the disadvantage though of having to order a custom reamer. :unsure:

JM2C

It would be a good platform for long range/high bc set-up, but for most applications I'd think it would suffice to just go 27 nosler. Less efficiency and barrel life, though.

The ONLY advantage I can see is it runs better in a LA which to some is a disadvantage. The LA plays nicer with longer higher BC bullets. Can you run WSM in LA? Yep. But the slightly longer case will feed better. Maybe. It has MAYBE 3+ grains more water which adds up to not much except for longer case at 2.28" versus 2.1 for WSM. So for practicality, WSM in mid action will be about same. Geez, just talked myself out of it. Thanks a lot @MeatBuck 😂. I think brass availability be problematic no different than WSM. Heck, tough enough to find 7PRC brass.

27 Nosler it is. Lot more Hp. And no @Mountainman I don't need a 28 Nosler. I don't need another shelf of different caliber bullets.

The 6.8W is complete waste of brass IMO. A fast twist std .270 kicks its butt let alone 270WSM.

The scarcity and cost to increase number of calibers not worth it to me. Except for a 22-250. Always wanted one! Bullets cheap and plentiful.

Back