.375 165 Gr Shock Hammer in a .375 Winchester

Balfouche

I am having a Hi-wall winder musket re-bored from 32/20 to .375 Winchester. I want to use the 165 GR Shock Hammer. I am on site: https://www.xxl-reloading.com/ shows nice loads for 175 gr Proj. using 5744. BUT there is a load for 170 Gr Proj (trying to get closer to bullet weight) same powder, SLOWER velocities. The BBL Length on rifle is 27". confused, can anyone provide any suggestions?pix318114363.jpg

I worked up a load for my Winchester 94BB and the 200gr shock hammer. Things got interesting as the all copper bullet takes up more room in the case. I ended up going to H110 to get a powder fast enough to get decent velocities from the Hammer bullets. It was definitely scary working up a load when you have no data to go off of.
I hope you find what you need. I’ll definitely be watching this thread.
Sorry I don’t have any info for you specific project.
Those 165gr might be fun to try next in my 94BB.

I am building the rifle for a specific purpose. To hunt Midwest whitetail's. the 165gr @ 5477 powder, should send it in the 26-2700 fps range. That should be sufficient for the application. I plan to top the rifle with a Malcom 6X scope. for no other reason than to show how things are done "Old School" . Most people are over-gunned and it takes the "Sport" out of it. IMHO.

This is only 1 of 4 projects going to him. 1) Ruger No.1 with custom Octagonal bbl in 32/40 being re-bored and chambered in .375 Ruger, as well s having his fiberglass stocks installed.2) Ruger No.1 V with Heavy stainless bbl in .223 re-bored and re-chambered in .357 Maximum, as well as being fluted, and fiberglass stocks installed.3) original 1892 Winchester 24" bbl in 32/20 re-bored and re-chambered in .357 Magnum.
I'm gonna keep him busy!....

Back