425 Yard Elk

OutdoorEdventure

Staff member
63A32DA0-F5B3-4FDF-9E33-9ABFFE2181E0.png
Customer sent us pictures of an awesome Bull Elk he shot with a 300PRC and the 199 Hammer Hunter bullet. The 425 yard quartering away shot shot dropped him where he stood. When asked how the bullet performed he stated,
“complete pass through. Don't even think it hit any bone. Lungs and heart were mush!”

Attachments

• FFBEEE7C-1087-4C22-8EAA-A7D2F7BBC1AB.jpeg
    FFBEEE7C-1087-4C22-8EAA-A7D2F7BBC1AB.jpeg
    759.5 KB · Views: 14
Just looking at the picture…. That hit looks too high and forward not to have “hit any bone”. Looks like classic high shoulder cns hit. Would’ve been an extra steep angle to hit the heart too.

Nice bull, “customer”.

Just looking at the picture…. That hit looks too high and forward not to have “hit any bone”. Looks like classic high shoulder cns hit. Would’ve been an extra steep angle to hit the heart too.

Nice bull, “customer”.
I’m assuming that is the exit and an uphill shot based on the description of the shot. Enter last couple ribs 1/3 the way up, exit right behind or in the offside shoulder. Likely missed the humorous and may have caught a little scapula (but maybe not depending on that leg placement).

Regardless….hammers got to work and put down a great bull. I am envious of the rifle/bullet set up and the bull!!! Congrats to the hunter.

FFBEEE7C-1087-4C22-8EAA-A7D2F7BBC1AB.jpeg
Exit. Doesn’t look like it hit any bone if you zoom in. Exit looks too large to just be hammer bullet. May have pulled away some flesh while cleaning. At least I’ve never had an exit wound that large even with big bullets on a wimpy coyote.

Back