gltaylor

Staff member
westcoasthunter

westcoasthunter Avatar

Dec 15, 2020 at 2:38pm via mobile
QuoteEditlike
Post Options

Post by westcoasthunter on Dec 15, 2020 at 2:38pm​

I just got my carbon six prefit for my tikka in 6.5 Sherman max . W-8t 24” had anyone shot any hammer buller of of one? Looking for kid info and velocity think it could be a good fast combo for hunting

beeman

beeman Avatar

Jan 1, 2021 at 10:32am via mobile Steve Davis likes this
QuoteEditlike
Post Options

Post by beeman on Jan 1, 2021 at 10:32am​

I’m wanting to test some 123AH out of my 6.5 Sherman. Not the max but speeds should be very high I think. I drive a 140 Berger out of my 28” Hart at 3339 FPS. So with the right powder I think I can get the 123 cooking.

gltaylor
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

gltaylor Avatar

Member is Online
3 minutes ago
QuoteEditlike
Post Options

Post by gltaylor on 3 minutes ago​

Just found this old post. Don't know if anyone's interested. Most of my testing with the 6.5 bullets (85, 92, etc.) was with this chambering. It's basically a 6.5 SAUM Imp.. It is capable of blistering speeds! I Love It!

gltaylor
Global Moderator

Global Moderator

gltaylor Avatar

Member is Online
3 minutes ago
QuoteEditlike
Post Options

Post by gltaylor on 3 minutes ago​

Just found this old post. Don't know if anyone's interested. Most of my testing with the 6.5 bullets (85, 92, etc.) was with this chambering. It's basically a 6.5 SAUM Imp.. It is capable of blistering speeds! I Love It!
I thought about 6.5WSM for my long barrel(29.5") build, but I have amassed over 500 new unfired 6.5RemMag cases. I'm building on a LA 700 that used to be my 300RUM. If I happen to burn the throat, I might have chamber recur to 264Win or 26 Nosler.

Back