6 ARC With 87 AH

howie

Looking to start loading the 87 AH for my 6-ARC 1:7.5 twist bolt gun. Didn't see anything in the load data PDF, wondering if anybody has experience with this combination. Hodgdon shows Lever and CFE, both of which I have, to be the velocity champs with the 70-80 grain bullet. Using Hornady data for bolt guns, they're showing the 87 GMX max load of Lever is 32.3. I figure I'll be safe starting at 29.0 grain of Lever and hopefully won't run out of case capacity. Any thoughts on if I'm at the right starting point? This is going to be used for whitetail, and coyote.

Looking to start loading the 87 AH for my 6-ARC 1:7.5 twist bolt gun. Didn't see anything in the load data PDF, wondering if anybody has experience with this combination. Hodgdon shows Lever and CFE, both of which I have, to be the velocity champs with the 70-80 grain bullet. Using Hornady data for bolt guns, they're showing the 87 GMX max load of Lever is 32.3. I figure I'll be safe starting at 29.0 grain of Lever and hopefully won't run out of case capacity. Any thoughts on if I'm at the right starting point? This is going to be used for whitetail, and coyote.
This looks like help.🤘

Attachments

• IMG_1264.png
    IMG_1264.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 17
The 6ARC case is pretty efficient cartridge. Tested 4 different powders and it pretty much maxed out the same velocities as the 88gr HH.

Now in my .243Win. The 87’s were smoking compared to thr 88’s.

Back