Arrow Rifles

joe16

Hammer Time Executive member
Fellas

Has anybody tried or knows of anybody that has one of those rifles that shoots arrows with compressed air? Archery season in Georgia and Florida is a sweaty miserable mess but a rifle that launches arrows might get me in a stand a few cool mornings.

They make a double barrel one that would be BADA$$!!!

Just wondering

don’t know anyone who has first hand experience, but I had the same thought, turns out it’s not legal for archery season and a bit of a gray area for other seasons in my area so….

Well you're just an old stick in the mud😉

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's legal in Georgia where I hunt. Canada is a different story I understand.

You can get a double barrel sucker for less than $500 yeah it's most likely going to end up leaned in the corner of my shed🤷

If it’s legal man go for it!
Build your arrows well with a SHARP STURDY fixed blade and it will kill stuff just as well as any crossbow…

There is a point when technology will become detrimental to a specific sport. IMO this is one. Though if used in firearm, ok with that.
I don’t think we’re too far off from technology being detrimental to society/human flourishing.

There’s a computer scientist that predicts we will reach human immortality in the next 8 years.
The same guy has a (correct) prediction record of 86% on 147 predictions on the subject of artificial intelligence/technology as it pertains to humans/society.

I’m not sold on immortality but I’ve seen how fast we’ve progressed in technology. It’s scary.

Yesterday’s chat on the subject. Some chat throughout but the meat of it starts at 35min.

🍻
🥩🦌

Apparently those are only good in Georgia once primitive weapons season kicks in, Joe.
Agree about archery season being miserable. And I am very intrigued about this setup. Thanks for the link, MeatBuck.

Apparently those are only good in Georgia once primitive weapons season kicks in, Joe.
Agree about archery season being miserable. And I am very intrigued about this setup. Thanks for the link, MeatBuck.
Tim wells and family use em in Texas. Thermal scope/night hogging.

🍻
🥩🦌

TW walks to his own music for sure! I sometimes cringe at the predicaments he hunts knowing my "boys" would be retreating up out of harms way!

Tim Wells is a great American!!5* I think he's one of the best archers ever. The dude has stones to be able to stand up in a field and shoot a grizzly bear with an 800 grain Arrow.5* What a stud and if he shoots them I know I'm getting one now.
Love John Dudley or hate John Dudley but I think it is even more bad *** to shoot a grizzly using a mouth tab like JD when he wrecked his shoulder.

Love John Dudley or hate John Dudley but I think it is even more bad *** to shoot a grizzly using a mouth tab like JD when he wrecked his shoulder.
On that subject, Dirk the bugler and remi warren both use/uses mouth tab setups to take bull elk over the past two/three seasons.
Some guys have a different internal driver. I probably would have just hung it up til I healed. Guess when you’ve gotta get content out for your audience it becomes a different ballgame.

Back