Barn find #4

Mountainman

Hammer Time Executive member
Rebuilt another what we've started calling "barn finds" for a friend of mine. His old daddy had a LOT of rifles but somehow never developed a desire to take care of them. Old Ike was the genuine article, a genuine old cowboy and one of the last of a dying breed. He however treated his firearms the same way he did his shovel or his pitchfork. Most of these were found in back sheds or in the barn leaning against the wall full of rust and dirt daubers. We lost Ike last year and although I only got to know him for a short time it was an enlightening privilege. Now his boys are wanting to see if we can get these rifles back in operating condition. This pre-64 Winchester is the fourth of his rifles I've managed to bring back to working order. It's not a restoration by any means but cleaned up, re-finished stock and cerakoted metal. The barrel was not in great shape but surprisingly enough it's still an MOA rifle. This particular one is nearly 80 years old and hopefully they'll get another 80 out of it.

barn find #4.PNG

Back