Be careful

Farleg

Hammer Time Executive member
Gday fellas
Just got some really disappointing news on my application to export/ import my firearms and ammo to Zimbabwe has been rejected

Here’s the sanctions in different countries so if someone can avoid this with a different destination in the future my mess up is not in vain
image.jpg

All sorted with my mate on rifles & ammo now so still looking forward to spending time over there & having ever lasting memories just not with having it with hammers to back me up so I guess I better be more careful on my aiming 😇

Well had my bitch moment time to move on
Cheers

Pardon my lack of understanding? Don't understand what is prohibited? Do you have to use his firearms/ammo?

Gday
I agree &
if only so simple
Yes only hunting ammo & rifles the restrictions have been on since 2019 I believe & in a nutshell it’s incase we get robbed & loose our firearms & ammo to the likes of the taliban or Russians etc
I don’t know why in Zimbabwe or who the bad ones are there 🤷‍♂️
you guys & Europeans etc can still take firearms in
But our country no way we can’t get the normal permit that is only issued upto 28 days prior to departure or given @ Australian international airport ( so glad I didn’t try that option)

There is one way to apply to dfat or what ever their called but that process takes 3 months & I leave in 11 days so fat chance on that

I’m usually not a defeatist but I’ve also learnt your first lose is your best lose

It sux bigtime as now Fred will be using a unfamiliar rifle which is not ideal but it is what it is
The rifle hire we have to add now which mine is minimal as it needs to go on a licence but the ammo man alive talk about wow as these we will be heading to a armoury to purchase them as soon as we get through customs & only 2 bullets that remotely will be any good & one is aframe 300 gr only basically a broadside pill where & the Barnes 300 gr pill as it opens up the possibility of angles a bit more & it will preform well if we do our part

It’s all cool now I’ve moved on & looking forward to catching up with my mate & getting my son a buff & a few other critters if time permits
Cheers

one is aframe 300 gr only basically a broadside pill where & the Barnes 300 gr pill as it opens up the possibility of angles a bit more & it will preform well if we do our part

It’s all cool now I’ve moved on & looking forward to catching up with my mate & getting my son a buff & a few other critters if time permits
Cheers
The A-frame remains a favorite over there after all these years and they certainly have terminated a lot of critters. My PH wanted me to send A-frames with the rifle I built him but after using up the 26 rounds I left him with 299 shock hammers he said he would be happy to have more of those :) Going to send some more over with another friend this fall but I think I'll send him 270's this time.

The folks we went with in 2019 used 300 Barnes and their buffalo managed to die without too much trouble. In the long run it'll be a lot easier travelling without firearms and ammo. That can be a pain. I nearly wore the finish off mine taking them in and out of the case :rolleyes:

Have a great trip my friend and looking forward to the pics.

Regards

The A-frame remains a favorite over there after all these years and they certainly have terminated a lot of critters. My PH wanted me to send A-frames with the rifle I built him but after using up the 26 rounds I left him with 299 shock hammers he said he would be happy to have more of those :) Going to send some more over with another friend this fall but I think I'll send him 270's this time.

The folks we went with in 2019 used 300 Barnes and their buffalo managed to die without too much trouble. In the long run it'll be a lot easier travelling without firearms and ammo. That can be a pain. I nearly wore the finish off mine taking them in and out of the case :rolleyes:

Have a great trip my friend and looking forward to the pics.

Regards
Thanks mountainman & will do

Agree on Aframe it was a good pill of it’s time , only thing I’ve seen where it excels over others is in a herd situation where you are targeting a particular bull & a exit becomes a issue

We won’t be targeting herd bulls we are after the grumpy old man or a smaller dagga boy group
That to me personally is where cape buff hunting becomes fun & exits are my favourite here especially how thick it’s going to be this time of year
I was planning originally for October being one of the best to go but my son wanted hard so originally july was it but I shuffled my dates to help Steve & co out , now my son is about to see how up close & personal can be

My mate conditioned him on asiatic last year & I think 7 yard was where he got him to yep he had the brown trickle down the leg syndrome 🤣

It’s just putting ourselves in those situations & asiatic are way more docile than cape just asiatic tougher to put down on the average imo

I’m not concerned with the Barnes as that use to be our standard we once went off
Today yes i think your on the money although I still believe room for improvement so I’m pushing Steve hard to tweak it & im also encouraged what I’ve seen lately

More to come no doubt on that subject but first off I’m so looking forward to hunting cape with my son 😍😇

Cheers

THERE is nothing better for heart and soul than hunting with your child whether adult or not. Every second is embedded for life and the recanting of experiences is forever!

The Thors Hammer buck is our latest ongoing conversation with laughing at me for not finding right cut corn stalk where I shot him in 1,000 acre cut corn field or the unbelievable blood trail, then the holy crap seeing him through brush in hedgerow.

These memories are forever! Can't wait for the "stories"!

Gday
I agree &
if only so simple
Yes only hunting ammo & rifles the restrictions have been on since 2019 I believe & in a nutshell it’s incase we get robbed & loose our firearms & ammo to the likes of the taliban or Russians etc
I don’t know why in Zimbabwe or who the bad ones are there 🤷‍♂️
you guys & Europeans etc can still take firearms in
But our country no way we can’t get the normal permit that is only issued upto 28 days prior to departure or given @ Australian international airport ( so glad I didn’t try that option)

There is one way to apply to dfat or what ever their called but that process takes 3 months & I leave in 11 days so fat chance on that

I’m usually not a defeatist but I’ve also learnt your first lose is your best lose

It sux bigtime as now Fred will be using a unfamiliar rifle which is not ideal but it is what it is
The rifle hire we have to add now which mine is minimal as it needs to go on a licence but the ammo man alive talk about wow as these we will be heading to a armoury to purchase them as soon as we get through customs & only 2 bullets that remotely will be any good & one is aframe 300 gr only basically a broadside pill where & the Barnes 300 gr pill as it opens up the possibility of angles a bit more & it will preform well if we do our part

Cheers
Hey Fordy. sorry to hear of your demise. Good to see you look on the positive side. Enjoy and have fun. (knowing you I think you could get it done with a sling shot if need be )

Back