Bison Hunt 375 Ruger & Gemsbok Hunt 7 PRC

OutdoorEdventure

Staff member
B3B39C35-58F5-4A75-A8AA-073FB1FBD953.png
Jim shot this Bison at 116 yards using Kyle’s 375 Ruger and the 270 Shock Hammer with a MV of 2780 FPS.
Kyle used a 7 PRC and the 172 Absolute Hammer with a MV of 2970 FPS to drop his Gemsbok at 68 yards.
Congratulations gentlemen! Good shooting. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Any info on bullet placement for bison?
Gday Carl
Great question
From my view on phone it looks like a cns but this is where this pill shines as you can get the illusion of a cns hit yet once examining you find the pill didn’t hit it
Which is cool

Now also for our previous great discussions on when we got this pill spun up
We took what we new & that design was very good on the critters

BUT as time goes on we need to asses what’s gone on especially once more data comes in & we find little flaws in a design & I’ll come back when I can & explain what’s been observed & the thoughts on them to what’s the go now

No alarm bells once the new information is followed but I also can’t stand back & information has already been relayed to RH
As he’s the one that this stuff really applies to

Got to run
Cheers

Bison is delicious. It is very similar to beef. I'd say it has even more flavor not gamey at all. I've never had African Plains animals. I hear they are delicious.
All of the African plains game is delicious.....except the Waterbuck. (the guy in my avatar) Outfitter told me they are about the only plains game they don't feed to the clients.

Back