Boyd's stocks

@ Modac who asked: Depends on where you go. I haven’t bought a gun on the central coast in quite a while, but even 25 years ago there were very few shops available. @epags , is the Outdoorsman in Grover Beach still there?

Yes, they are still there.....however, they are 114 miles from my home and I would have to make 2 trips (remember Calif's 10 day wait 😭) @ $5.50/gallon (20 miles/gallon) so there would be $125 in travel plus whatever their transfer fee would be. Sigh:(

Of course, I could visit a few wineries on the way up and back. :whistle:

@ Modac who asked: Depends on where you go. I haven’t bought a gun on the central coast in quite a while, but even 25 years ago there were very few shops available. @epags , is the Outdoorsman in Grover Beach still there?

Yes, they are still there.....however, they are 114 miles from my home and I would have to make 2 trips (remember Calif's 10 day wait 😭) @ $5.50/gallon (20 miles/gallon) so there would be $125 in travel plus whatever their transfer fee would be. Sigh:(

Of course, I could visit a few wineries on the way up and back. :whistle:
Yeah, that 10 day wait sux. The outdoorsman was my go to for supplies when I lived in Arroyo Grande. Two other shops that I used to frequent have closed due to proprietor’s age.

I've got 2 or 3 and like them!
My preference for pads is Kick-eze. The limbsaver I got seems to have gotten "sticky" over time. May just be this one?
No, apparently Limb Saver do get sticky and that’s a thing.
Also they do have a “Compression life” don’t leave them on their butt if you can help it. that’s from an engineer who makes C/Stocks.
We both have them but they they don’t last forever.

@TJA500 , I bought 2 back when they were $99 with $60 international shipping while the Aussie dollar was high probably 10 or so years ago.

I like the MDT hybrid wood stocks like the TIMBR laminate and XRS wood kit chassis.
Nice, I have an MDT Frontier Timbr ordered for a target rifle build. Somewhat an affordable budget option in Australia as may chassis systems might be double the dollars.

Another option is a Woox Chassis that had similar shape and features.

Nice, I have an MDT Frontier Timbr ordered for a target rifle build. Somewhat an affordable budget option in Australia as may chassis systems might be double the dollars.

Another option is a Woox Chassis that had similar shape and features.

Oh those Woox are incredible, but I'll rock my XRS for 1/3 the cost of one of those!

Thanks for the information.

LOL....I live in California...none of the local gun stores (3) carry it or will special order it. So I have to buy online and do a FFL transfer. LGS charge $135+ to handle the paperwork and hold time California requires.....now the price is about $480:eek: less scope (which I have 😁).
I guess I have to pay for the good weather here on the coast some way.
Update: I forgot to add California sales tax and shipping insurance to the number above: Take home price was $523. After June 1, here in California there is an 11% special tax for guns (and I think ammunition) that would add another $38.5. Glad I ordered it yesterday and it has been shipped. My FFL should receive it on Friday then (after I do the paperwork) I wait another 10 days until I can take it home.

Back