Brake or Suppressor?

I have both and have used both for years. Every brake I have is currently in a box and it’s suppressed for me. I dont hear all that well anymore and riding pastures I never know when I’ll shoot and don’t particularly want to ride around with ear muffs. I don’t even take rifles anymore unless they have a can. The other thing is when I’m with my kids and I’m trying to help them with their shots, its so much easier to not have to worry about ear protection and just tell them what I need to tell them without carrying more stuff.

Our Democrat progressive controlled government here in California has logic something like this; Hollywood shows us that persons who screw a “Silencer” onto a firearm before murdering someone are assassins. Therefore all who have all who have a sound suppressor/ silencer must be assassins too. They’re just a bunch of Nuckle Headed, Numbskull Newsonites that that have destroyed California and wants to bring that logic to the rest of the country. God help us.

Rich can (no pun intended) can you give a few more details.

I spent thousands of dollars to get a light rifle. And then I spent hundreds of dollars on a thunder beast. 9 and it's like 14 or 15 oz. There's no way I'm putting that extra weight on an ultralight rifle. And I certainly can't fire it without a brake. I'm too much of a sissy boy for that.

I spent thousands of dollars to get a light rifle. And then I spent hundreds of dollars on a thunder beast. 9 and it's like 14 or 15 oz. There's no way I'm putting that extra weight on an ultralight rifle. And I certainly can't fire it without a brake. I'm too much of a sissy boy for that.
Thanks Rich! Those are my thoughts. I just invested in some of the new hearing protection that uses all of the new technology. Much cheaper than a suppressor, and much lighter too!

No experience with supressors. They're pretty useless at 30/06 size and up from what I've read?
Only takes once to remember your ear plugs. All but 2 of my rifles have brakes on them. Shooting is much more pleasant and quicker back on target - and yes, it's fun to actually see impacts!
I have one on my 06 and they are not useless, no ear plugs less recoil even though the 06 does not have a lot. you should have seen the smiles from the PH and trackers in Africa when they saw my suppressed rifle

I'm waiting myself. I hunt with some type of ear plugs most of the time anyway. I can't hear the animals that I'm hunting anyway and the big Boomers boom big.

We wait with baited breath for your extremely seasoned opinion and advice! 🤔😳😉👍🤝🍺🇺🇸
The next time I call muddyboots really old, I hope I can be this smooth...

🤣🤣🤣

Les, I was in Miss-ooou-la this weekend and pickup up some of those GS extreme 2.0 like yours, we will see how that turns out🤔😳😉 I plan on doing my dissertation in down under bromby brogre as I am a student under tootelage of Donk😉😉👍😂 seriously I look forward to using them as I need some help hearing and protection from brakes.

I have been using the GS extreme 2.0 for. A couple of years, the sound quality’s ok but not ultra clear. But when I shoot they shut down the blast from my braked 280AI as good as my ear muffs. And the charge pretty much lasts all day.

Back