First Focal Plane or Second Focal Plane

Nope. I actually, intentionally let him go. He stood there for me like that exactly 200yds for like 15 minutes.
I only drew a spike only tag that year. He was the only bull I saw that year, 2 more times that trip I actually got tired of seeing him.
That sounds sooo familiar.

I have some fantastic FFP scopes. I love them for LR hitting plates out to a mile. The reticles on these scopes are only usable at 15X. So, as one can well guess that is not optimal for a hunting rig. SFP for a hunt gun is SOP in the Ginger house! LOL

I started with SFP scopes only. My last SFP scopes was a VX5HD, 3-15x44 with firedot. Perfect for general hunting. After a while, I realized my rifle also doubled as a very effective target rig. Those thicker posts hindered my performance, even though they were the bee's knees for visualizing in low light.

I heard great things about Arken scopes, company ran by veterans, and their new hunting line the EPL4 4-16x44. I looked at the specs, the price ($399) and said "why not."

It is now my favorite scope, as at low magnification I use the thicker, pointed outer lines to aim at gross subjects, and at medium and high magnification I can use the MOA based subtension to do holdovers for elevation and windage. I like that they're correct at all magnifications, and they're usable for me as low as 6x. The center lines being fine aren't an issue as the outer lines come in closer to the center than my VX5HD and are very crispy and high visibility. Very usable for non precise shots. If I need precision at low mag, I turn the illumination on as only a small 3MOAx3MOA center T with 0.14MOA dot lights up.

FFP scopes with good turrets are also very useful if you shoot multiple loads through your gun as your DOPE sheet can be simpler and more accurate.

I started with SFP scopes only. My last SFP scopes was a VX5HD, 3-15x44 with firedot. Perfect for general hunting. After a while, I realized my rifle also doubled as a very effective target rig. Those thicker posts hindered my performance, even though they were the bee's knees for visualizing in low light.

I heard great things about Arken scopes, company ran by veterans, and their new hunting line the EPL4 4-16x44. I looked at the specs, the price ($399) and said "why not."

It is now my favorite scope, as at low magnification I use the thicker, pointed outer lines to aim at gross subjects, and at medium and high magnification I can use the MOA based subtension to do holdovers for elevation and windage. I like that they're correct at all magnifications, and they're usable for me as low as 6x. The center lines being fine aren't an issue as the outer lines come in closer to the center than my VX5HD and are very crispy and high visibility. Very usable for non precise shots. If I need precision at low mag, I turn the illumination on as only a small 3MOAx3MOA center T with 0.14MOA dot lights up.

FFP scopes with good turrets are also very useful if you shoot multiple loads through your gun as your DOPE sheet can be simpler and more accurate.
I do the same thing in low light, dial down put in in between the thick stadia and let her eat, EZPZ

Back