Fordy’s Findings

Where is “ Dr. KaPOW 💥” or “that F-ing guy from Tas-Dam-Mania “ ???
He must really be typing or thunking! Anybody smell smoke? 🤔😳😳🤷🏽🤷🏽😂😂😂
Gday reemtyj 🤣🤣🤣love it 😎

Hmmm you were definitely not the teachers pet @ school with your homework on time 🤪

No smoke around here as I was waiting for you to get your twists in order 😜( homework 🤣🤣 )

Yes got held up but a thinking & just a SIM card that’s full & needed to do a little sorting through to find what I’m after
( SIM card full is a joke one of my mates had with me as I said I can’t remember what I use to & my mind was going , no he said it’s your SIM cards full as it’s in there you just need to find it & he’s pretty right so far anyway lol )

Cheers

Gday Brad
I like that has me ticking some more as KISS is the best

So let’s look @ deer & GL vrs kneedeeps
A line is between these as they have also shown eg the 85zoomie & you can see this in most critters as mass increases the pill that works on the smaller starts to show its curve on killing effecicency is dropping off

So I’ll try & place a weight in the notes to come in ea calibre
But we need to take the DG extremely seriously as those guys are a different kettle of fish

Cheers
Good point Farleg.
That's why I'm going to be testing the 123 AH in 6.5 this year. The new toy will send them at 3810😊. Want to see if I can get 80+% bang flops with these bigger pills at velocity - like the 85gr zoomies did @ 4k.🤪

Good point Farleg.
That's why I'm going to be testing the 123 AH in 6.5 this year. The new toy will send them at 3810😊. Want to see if I can get 80+% bang flops with these bigger pills at velocity - like the 85gr zoomies did @ 4k.🤪
Gday GL
I’ll just add this for clarity
for people to understand that figure of 80+% bangflop even gets better as the way we go about evaluating this performance level or killing efficiency is not when things go right it’s by taking different angles that are encountered in the field & evaluating the whole thing multiple times

Which then gives us greater confidence when we go out in the hunting world as we know the COVER MORE BASES are in our favour when we compare to some of those pills that were tested & the % rate was extremely low to non existent bangflops

Overall it’s to hopefully stop those lost critters you & I both have had

those are the hard ones to work out but I even dug through ones like this recently
B828939B-21F4-4B40-8278-48552AC4856F.jpeg

This one last year
7BC739D7-09D9-4ADC-BAC2-D4F72694249C.pngBut ones like this it’s getting majorly on the nose but I did work those out & others some you don’t but knowledge is definitely gained 4B6BAEB0-8119-47E6-8437-662C83FE3B23.png

A metal detector is extremely valuable in these cases & kills in general

Cheers

Gday reemtyj
338rum bears/elk 0-700 yards. 1-9.3 twist
300rum blackies/deer/elk 0-700 yards 1-10 twist
338-06AI blackies/deer/elk 0-500 yards 1-10 twist
6XC coyotes/deer/antelope 0-700 yards 1-7.5 twist
You can’t brush me off that easy Buddy!!!
I suppose you want to know if it’s sunny or cloudy too ??? 🤔😳😳😂😂😂😂😉
Hmmm
Trying to slip your homework in under the door
Yes I saw your edit 😎😇
Oh your a sneaky 😈 arnt we 😜

Seeing your reminiscing on your school days of discipline problems how about we do a little more homework 😜🤣🤣🤪🤪

Here’s the real reason
Before I get to the end of this thread & start on the findings on ea calibre

How about we get one started so we can kinda iron out any issues with setting it out clearly & anything that needs adding will be easier to address on the rest as we go

So I will put up a thread on the 6mm/243 caliber as it’s one on your list I’ve done the least amount of different pills on so surely we can’t go off the rails to much 🤣🤣🤞

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this 🤔🤔

Your home work 🤣🤣😎😈
What’s the approx velocity of 55 ,70,75&90 gr pills in that 6xc thingy 🤩

Cheers

Very similar to a 243, which I believe you are familiar with! It does the same or better with each weight with less powder. You have become somewhat of a tease now that we are getting down and dirty! .😳🤷🏽😳🤷🏽 I have met some ladies that you are reminding me of!

Last edited:
Gday
Shanks I guess is the next part & where to start I guess is we want a flat one or even a little dimple in it dosent hurt & these occur in the lower velocity impacts

The hammer alloy starts flowing @ different speeds depending on the style of the hammer pill but also how it’s balanced as the faster the shank gets the more rounded the edges of the meplat becomes

The meplats are one of the keys to hammers ( all brands all styles not just hammers )

Here’s a few below

7A8E37E0-D080-4306-9253-B16A3A4B0B19.jpegD6D35188-725E-438E-A036-BCE0CA343BB6.jpeg
I’ll add some more later as my brain was way ahead of my typing speed so coffee time to slow it down 😜
Cheers

Gday
Going that little bit further as you will see we can have various pills that exhibit different meplat shapes so let’s include the ugly here as well as good for a better comparison

On the pics below the square flat meplat is the most desirable the rounded you get to a point that this rounded becomes exactly that & the dispersion of tissue is lessened & straight line penetration is compromised by yaw or tumble ( or both)

so only way to overcome that is 3 ways

1/In the design

2/ In the alloy ( fat chance as a incredible alloy but does have limits )

3/ In our understanding of where this happens & apply it to the appropriate critter or not
4C03546B-765C-448E-A594-8076D5278242.jpegA5296371-4734-403C-AF9C-F1714831C109.jpeg

so please have a good look @ those as this will be delved into once we get to the more anal findings

I have not seen a hammer fail structurally on a go to pieces basis ( shatter fracture) but that is only one part structurally imo as from my world of true solid a structural fail is also a bending of the the bullet ( shank in hammers ) the bulging of it also can be along with shoulder structure compromised

the nose over or retained petals could also be put /perceived as a structural point but usually design will or can fix this in the vast majority of cases
so I personally like to leave them in that part as has been shown it can be fixed yet alloy remained the same

On these pics in this post a couple of duplicates from the post before
But I’ve left a lot of shanks out & id say I’ve caught well over 500 pills in critters now which was no easy task but then again I will take the George shot 🤣😜

Sorry GL I am not going to waste a opportunity though 😇😎
Cheers

Just a question that suddenly came to me… have you @Farleg or anyone else ever experienced a nose-over with a Shockhammer?
Gday LTT
Yes I have but it’s way harder to get

The larger the hp the less likely it is to occur this has not only been with hammers this is industry wide but the softness of the hammers definitely will nose over on a few occasions & depends on the following
Handling/feeding
Too long of a transition zone
Velocity impact
Resistance encountered
Nose profile

It’s why I like the hht broadly more than the other lines as it covers those above bases better
But don’t be fooled into thinking the hht is the holy grail of pills & the other lines may suit better as some hht are not balanced or outside of it’s good working capabilities for a persons individual situation & a application would be better served with the other lines or other hht pills

Jm2cw

Cheers

Back