Gongs

MeatBuck

Hammer Time Executive member
What do you use?

How are they hung?

Found these good for nothing(well I’m sure I could make some little camp stoves with em but…)propane tanks. Gongs? Keep in mind there’s nothing around here but dirt since the wheat is all harvested. No fire danger.IMG_5331.jpegIMG_5332.jpeg

Not to rain on your barbecue but I can’t imagine they’d ring very well and bullets will zip right through at most any range??!! I’ve been wrong before though…
My brother would probably use those to build a gasification system for the yard tractor 😄

I use a couple of ar500 8” square plates and hang with a strip of rubber belt on a 1x2 stand, the stands get sprayed with frag pretty bad but easy to replace when needed and portable enough to carry or pull in a toboggan out into the pasture a ways.
I also have a couple pieces of skid steer blade that I think is at least medium carbon somewhat hardened steel that I think might be ok for some less than high velocity impacts, haven’t tried them yet though. I did try a 3/4” thick mild steel plate and it worked fine for low velocity but 30-06 just about went through from 100 yards, 30-30 barely left a mark, muzzleloader didn’t at all.

“No fire danger”
He might be talking about shooting them to see if they blow up.

If anyone is worried...
A full 20lb tank won't explode from a bullet impact. If you have a fire built around it it will throw a 50+ft high flame on impact. Then it will have a hair spray and cig lighter style flame thats about 15ft long and about 4ft across. It will then slowly burn down as pressure runs out...but you didn't hear that from me.

PSA- Don't try this at home. YMMV, lol!

If anyone is worried...
A full 20lb tank won't explode from a bullet impact. If you have a fire built around it it will throw a 50+ft high flame on impact. Then it will have a hair spray and cig lighter style flame thats about 15ft long and about 4ft across. It will then slowly burn down as pressure runs out...but you didn't hear that from me.

Sounds like the voice of experience 😂😂

This whole thread is Music to my ears...

BOOM💥
 N
ot to be a party pooper though, there's other things that blow up cooler and much safer. Any part of that to strike the human body inside 50 yards will amputate an arm or leg. Will impale inside a hundred yards so be careful. Those wounds are stupid nasty. Trust me!!!

5 lb of tannerite will rock your world and much safer

Just be careful MB👍

If anyone is worried...

Where we’re you watching me from?!?!?

I figured once punctured then I can take an angle grinder to the top. Fill with sand or something to help slow the shanks, maybe catch a few🤷🏼‍♂️.

Would just set on ground or on a wooden stand if I filled em.

I don’t expect to use them much or for long.

Will be set at like 6 7 and 800 yds. I can drive the field edge and drop em every 100yds. Then drive away and range em out. Seems like an easy way to go for now, for free.

When I was a kid it was dreaming hunting and fishing. I got interested in baseball drooling over those sections in the Sears/Roebuck catalogue. There was this fellow Ted Williams that had his name on outboard motors, rifles and everything else a boy could use.

It raised the question who the Hell is Ted Williams, and why should I care. Then grandpa was listening to games on the radio, I got hooked.

I figured once punctured then I can take an angle grinder to the top. Fill with sand or something to help slow the shanks, maybe catch a few🤷🏼‍♂️.

Would just set on ground or on a wooden stand if I filled em.

I don’t expect to use them much or for long.

Will be set at like 6 7 and 800 yds. I can drive the field edge and drop em every 100yds. Then drive away and range em out. Seems like an easy way to go for now, for free.
If you can, unscrew the valve. Then fill with water and grind away. Won’t have to worry about fire/explosion with it full of water.

Back